Okay, I am quirky. Maybe that Is why I am a good blog candidate. Because I notice things. Lots of things. I of course have gotten less quirky with time. And with a boyfriend followed by husband in my house for 5 years.
Let me give you a couple of examples of how I am quirky.
1. I can not open my spice cupboard (or plant, cultivate, water, snip, or cook with herbs) without singing my own rousing rendition of "Parsley Sage Rosemary and Thyme" (Scarborough Fair/Canticle) by Simon and Garfunkel. I also must have all spice containers arranged and plants planted left to right in that order. Or Else. The World will end.
2. When I was in High School, after a fire safety seminar I attended, I used red and black markers and made signs for my mom's flour container and the Baking Soda Box. They said "Do Not Use Flour on a Grease Fire!" and "Use Baking Soda on a Grease Fire!" I think they were taped to the containers until I moved out and my mother thought it was safe to remove them without my hed exploding. I miss those signs. Please read this page of tips on putting out fires, especially in the kitchen. It will make me feel better.
3. Everything...Must...Be...Labeled. End of discussion.
4. I alphabetize my Disney VHS Collection and organize DVD's by categories, like comedy, horror, anime, action, etc.
5. boxed and canned foods. Organized. Categorized. Stacked only on top of identical canned goods. Shelves labeled (yes, shelves labeled. See Number 4.)
6. Markers, Crayons, Colored Pencils, and Papers arranged in a rainbow pattern... yellow, orange, red, purple, blue, and green. In that order or the exact reverse. Mess them up and I will spend hours reorganizing them.
7. Magazines sorted. Home Magazines in one basket or magazine holder, computer and electronics in another basket. Catalogs in another basket.
8. Towels Must all be folded identically. Folds facing out when on the shelves. We have three colors of bath towels. No same two colors can touch. When I look at the shelf I like to see lavendar, aqua, and sage green (repeat). Same thing with washclothes and hand towels.... although I am more able to deal with them being out of order.
That's all the quirks I can think of right now. But that's plenty. You get the picture.