Thursday, June 29, 2006

A new Resolution....

If I worked for Microsoft, I would remove the option to set your screen resolution to 800 x 600.

As a web designer, that resolution pisses me off and makes me cranky. I have stopped designing websites to function within 800 x 600 and have just concentrated on 1024 and higher now.

my resolution is 1280 x 1024. Most people have theirs set to 1024 x 768. I can especially tell that by stats on three different websites. With a recent new site design, I struggled with making the site clean in 800 x 600 and with the prompting of others and the blessing of others, I have decided to never worry about 800 x 600 again, and just press forward with designs for 1024 x 768 and higher.

So all of you out there with 800 x 600, beware. There's a good chance you aren't viewing websites as they are "intended" by the designer. So before you complain that you have to "scroll" try changing your resolution.

I once had a "disclaimer" on the bottom of my personal website that said "This site best viewed with a 1024 x 768 screen resolution. Please click here for directions on how to change your screen resolution." and some jackass, whose opinion I didn't ask for, who is NOT a web designer, decided to say to me at the bar one night "that thing you have on your website, it's cheesy." and I was like "what thing?" and he said "the thing about resolution." And I just looked at him. And replied "that's why It's my website and not yours- oh and what is your web address by the way (referring to the fact that he doesn't design webpages and doesn't even HAVE one, so why the fuck is he telling me what to do with my personal site?! Especially when I never asked for his opinion.)

So now you know how I fell about you 800 x 600 folks out there. I am no longer going to lose any sleep over whether or not you can view my websites.

As if you cared....



This Post (and others like it) Tagged Under:

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dayum girl! You tell that un-educated boy in the bar! LOL

Unknown said...

Oh I know.... and the sad sad sad part? He was a man. He has a SON who is 18. Shame on him, thinking I care what his drunk ass thinks.

Guess that's the upside to being the gal who tells it like it is.

Matt™ said...

I LOVE you Dazed. Seriously, love you.

I agree entirely, and I think that you were right to have whooped his ass. WAY TO GO ! I hate technologically stupid people who insist they know something and must correct us. In fact, I hate people who do that with anything.

Anonymous said...

What a great site Ts+valtrex chopper license plate frames Xxx doctors sex movies Barcode reader software aabbyy women&aposs baby phat shirts allegra drums Race for the cure t-shirts Decorative awnings fishing boats cordova alaska Casio cw 50 thermal printer Wheeler lake fishing report Additional state specific incorporation resources Cheap calls to serbia montenegro from us Got dro shirts Slik hawaii shirts maclaren vogue seat cover Cancer asbestos mesothelioma settlement lawyer law11 Suzuki outboard installation instructions depakote er 500mg tablet mercedes g55 amg

Related Posts with Thumbnails