1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Hot chocolate I can't remember if I have ever had egg nog.
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? I believe that Santa has always wrapped the presents before putting them under the tree.
3. Colored lights or white lights on tree/house? White. I HATE COLORED LIGHTS!
4. Do you hang mistletoe? I have for 5 years and husband has only kissed me once. See how much good that does?
5. When do you put your decorations up? Usually the weekend after thanksgiving, but not this year due to remodeling.
6. What is your favorite holiday dish? Turkey w/cranberry sauce. By far. And mashed potatoes but I only like the kind in the box.
7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child? I have a few. Probably Stacey’s last Christmas before she died, and maybe the year everyone else got snowed in and I went to Christmas Eve busting drifts in my little car.
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? What do you mean?
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Only if I go to Evan’s Grandmas. But sometimes Evan lets me open one of mine for fun. This year I already got two of them from Evan, a new jewelry armoire and new flannel sheets for our bed.
10. What kind of cookies does Santa get? I don’t remember. Probably the kind that you buy cheap at Aldi's because that's what I was raised on.
11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? Love snow. Love love love.
12. Can you ice skate? Yes. But I am best on Hockey skates.
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? I remember many great gifts. One year Evan got me my pooh bear fleece robe from the Disney Store, and another year a pooh bear sweater with a snowflake- I get compliments every time I wear it. Plus My mom getting me the digital camera, that was awesome. And I remember the John Deere pedal tractor when I was 5. I got to ride it in the living room.
14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Not working. Enjoying myself and spending time with my mom, dad, sister, and Evan. Lounging around. Seeing friends “home” for the holidays.
15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? Pumpkin anything.
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Christmas Morning at Moms.
17. What tops your tree? We have a really cool “north star” that is silvery and glittery. I eyed it all year at Ivy Cottage In Princeton but it was too expensive. Then after Christmas a few years ago, I bought it on clearance. I love that thing.
18. Which do you prefer giving or Receiving? Giving because I try very hard to get someone what they would like.
19. What is your favorite Christmas Carol? Christmas Island as sung By Jimmy Buffett – but close following: Baby it’s cold outside by Dean Martin, Song for a Winter’s Night by Sarah McLahlan, Santa Baby by Eartha Kitt…. But I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Kenny and Dolly Christmas CD, “Once upon a Christmas.” We have had it since we were little and in my family it wouldn’t be Christmas without it. We wore out the tape and then luckily one year found it on CD and made copies for everyone. It’s a must have. I also recommend Christmas Cocktails Volume II and Jimmy Buffett Christmas…. As well as Beach Boys Ultimate Christmas. I am a Christmas Music Connoisseur.
20. Candy Canes! Yuck or Yum? Not a fan. I like peppermint, but not in candy cane form. Too messy and sticky. And I HATE all those other stupid flavors they try to cram into a candy cane.