Last night as I was trying to sleep, all I could think about were the things I would miss if I were on a deserted island. And I don't mean like practical things, like plumbing, electricity, food, and water. I mean just the little things that make me happy. Things that I use everyday. I mean obviously I would DIE without the internet. But besides that even. So I decided to make a list and blog about the silly 15 things I would take with me on a deserted island.
1. My body pillow. I need it.
2. Bottled water. I (by myself) drink 1.5 cases of bottled water a week. For real. Between 5-8 bottles a day. But not that Aquafina crap. It tastes like worms after it rains, you know that worm smell. I love Dasani.
3. OPI nail polish. And polish remover. I must have my toes painted at all times. What good is running around on an island with your toes in the sand if you can't make them pretty? I also would like to take toe seperators but I figure I could fashion some out of leaves. I am fairly crafty that way.
4. My dogs. I really couldn't be without them. I would be miserable.
5. toothpaste. I can probably make my own toothbrush but I can't handle bad breath. I brush my teeth at least three times a day, and keep a brush at work. I would need to have some toothpaste.
6. Sunscreen. I don't want cancer. And I tan nicely, all over, but I also burn easily the first few times, so I don't want to be miserable. Although I am sure I could find an aloe plant.
7. A Journal and Pen. If I can't blog and I have no one to talk to but the dogs.... I would need this. I can't obviously charge a laptop, so I'll have to go the old fashioned way.
8. A blanket or a sheet. I can't sleep without one if it storms, because I am afraid the lightening will get me. I am sure there will be some tropical storms, so I would like a sheet to use inside my crewd hut.
9. Moisturizer. I would prefer to not have fine lines and wrinkles, plus I have eczema, although my dermatologist told me before he died that if I became a nudist on a tropical island that I would never have eczema again. So maybe I wouldn't NEED it but it would be a nice luxury.
10. My "sexy librarian" glasses, as Tina calls them. I wouldn't need them to see, but I have bad distance eyesight, and If I want to sit on the beach and look out at the horizon for approaching pirate ships, I might need them. I could always use them to burn ants with for amusement in the meantime. Plus if Johnny Depp Rolls up in pirate garb, I could use something to make me look more mysterious and desireable.
11. a mirror. Now is that vain? Oh well. I want to be able to see myself and make sure I don't have dirt on my face. Just because it's a deserted island, I don't need to look like crap.
12. Soap. Self explanitory.
13. A chest style cooler. It won't keep my things cold but It will keep them dry. And I could sit on it when I get tired of having fire ants all over my ass. And grab ahold of it if I wanted to float in the ocean.
14. A Razor. I don't need to look like a saskwatch. Especially if I finally am rescued, or I run into some locals who want me to be their queen.
15. there is something else that I would take, that very few people know about. There are probably 2 men and 3 woman on the planet who know what this is. you know who you are.