Thursday, April 20, 2006

Life's a Picnic...

Today at lunch CB and I had a Fab picnic. I brought my Longaberger Picnic basket and my striped picnic blanket. We went to Zearing and spread out in the grass in the sunshine, took off our shoes. It was great. CB made some kick ass Egg salad, which I had on a pita (south beach) and there was massive food to be had. CB Also brought String Cheese (who can resist string cheese!) and I brought sugar free jello and broccoli and cauliflower salad and fresh fruit salad. It was a wonderful time. It is so hard to accomplish a picnic like that, even with all our preparation, in a 30 minute alloted time. We could have easily been there an hour and not even realized it, thank god CB wears a watch. The park smelled like fresh cut grass and it was SO nice outside. We are thinking our picnics will have to become a ritual. I am all for that! I can already tell that the Longaberger picnic basket was an awesome purchase... and it retires the end of April. I use it for potlucks, picnics, reunions, parties.... you name it. And when I have kids, (as I was telling CB today) I anticipate that we will have lots more picnics. I was recalling over lunch how many times I went on picnics with my family, and how much fun it was to eat outside on the picnic table as a kid. Enjoy your day!
This Post (and others like it) Tagged Under:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great time! It was so nice today that I laid out on my swing in the backyard and listened to the birds chirping(sounds like we might have similar swings, mine also folds out into a bed like a futon)

Mark said...

nice blog!

Related Posts with Thumbnails