Friday, April 28, 2006

God made rainy days so gardeners could get the housework done.

I love husband. Even though I am especially cranky and hormonal this week and he really just hides from me as much as possible. Yesterday he really pissed me off but last night when I got home he had made me a garden! Yeah! Yippie!

I love to garden. I love fresh tomatoes and I love to can. LOVE LOVE LOVE to can. Two years ago we had a giant garden. Then we got a new driveway and a new garage door put in on the other side of our garage, and the driveway went right over our garden. Then we had no more room for a garden. We have a fairly small yard, for a rural town, because our neighbors own our backyard... which is annoying. So. I had a thought last week that maybe we could till up a little plot of grass along the foundation, on the west side of the house, near the air conditioning unit. Lots of afternoon sun, right by the garden hose.... it would serve it's purpose. And I mentioned it to husband but once. He seemed on board. And then when I get home yesterday, he had cut out all the sod, tilled it, added mushroom compost (the secret ingredient) and then tilled that in to make a nice soft garden, all ready to plant! I was so excited (but I was cranky so I kinda had to hide it so I didn't give in too easy.)

So last night (both being cranky) we went to pick out plants and seeds and I hope that we can plant it tonight. I hope that he doesn't plant it without me today while I am away.

I also had a dentist's appointment this morning. Cleaning. Routine. As usual, no cavities. I have not had a cavity yet. And I don't plan on it. I am a freak about brushing my teeth. I have a toothbrush in my desk. and toothpaste. And I brush at home about twice a day, and at work. So my teeth are super clean. Chew sugar free gum. But I do have pretty decent plaque/tartar buildup on my bottom teeth between cleanings, so I am really "feeling" my teeth today. And since I am a bit of a raging hormone basket, my teeth are extra sensitive, and my wisdom teeth are cutting through, which happens every month. But my dental technician is super nice, very pretty, funny, and best of all... extremely gentle on my mouth! Yeah! She doesn't pry my teeth out but she still gets them all clean. I have had much much worse cleanings at other dentists. I hope she never leaves there. I go to Doctor Tom VanVooren in Annawan. And he is great too.

Well, that's my scoop for the day. I hope you all have a nice weekend, and get to relax. And get some things accomplished.
This Post (and others like it) Tagged Under:

2 comments:

Haleigh Anne said...

Yea for hubby!! That was very nice of him to make you a garden.

Stacy said...

I wish my hubby was that thoughtful!

Related Posts with Thumbnails