Tuesday, December 30, 2008

My Review of Baby Spray Brush & Comb Set

Originally submitted at One Step Ahead

Uh-oh, did baby wake up with "crib head" again? To the rescue: our gentle bristle brush with built-in sprayer! Just mist hair with water, brush — and calm those crazy cowlicks. With soft bristles for delicate scalps and a soft-grip handle tots can hold themselves. Includes detangling...

Has worked well for 14 months!

By dazed81 from Illinois on 12/30/2008

5out of 5

Gift: No

Pros: Comfortable, Compactable, Easily Stowed, Travels Well

Best Uses: Bedhead, Hygiene, Sling-hair, Hathead

Describe Yourself: Pregnant with number 2, Mom of a toddler

Okay, I admit. This is one of those things that you really don't NEED but I find myself using and being pleased to have. It's the super quick solution to bed head and what my husband and I call "Mad Scientist Hair." Now granted, if your baby is... ummm... not blessed with hair, this might seem like a complete waste. But in our case, our daughter came out with more hair than some babies have at 1 year old. We love her hair but after a nap, or a while in the sling with mom, or after wearing a stocking cap or cute hat, she gets CRAZY mad scientist hair. And she hates it when I stick her head in the sink to flatten it down. In previous times, I was wetting her baby hairbrush and then brushing her hair down. Not the most convenient when out and about, if you have a vain baby that is. Ha.

Made by Summer Infant Products...This brush has a BUILT IN sprayer! You fill the handle with water or if you have serious tangles, no more tears spray... and then, spritz and brush. I read tons of reviews online, and many moms thought that it didn't spray enough out with each pump. I disagree wholeheartedly... I think it sprays the perfect amount, and I can smooth out her hair in seconds, anytime, anywhere. She doesn't mind it one bit. Quick, Painless, and Convenient enough to toss in the diaper bag. So if your baby brought you lots of pregnancy heartburn... and you turned out to have a head full of hair to deal with, this is a great buy.

Once her hair got thicker as a toddler, this brush just didn't seem to cut it anymore. The bristles are of the stiffer variety and didn't seem to penetrate to the hair beneath the surface layer. We have owned this for about fourteen months now and it still functions and sprays well. We will be using it for our next child. I still find myself using the accompanying comb on our toddler now and then.

(legalese)

UPDATE: We have used this brush for 2.5 years and on two children and it still works just fine!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails