Monday, October 30, 2006

Thread Head

Break time! Today I am in Peoria for session 2 of me Visual Studio.NET Class. It's break time!



Last night I stayed up till 2:30am, winding embroidery floss and catching up on TIVO. How about Lynette- "Speak to my husband again and I will do to your back what I did to your front door." Hell Yeah! About time! We will see how long that works. I watched about 6 episodes of Robot Chicken and also some Drawn Together. I went to Wal-Mart last night and got a few things, nothing serious, just butter, laundry detergent, toothpaste, shaving cream, toilet paper and paper towels... and a few little things for my Pink and Green Swap needing to be sent out November 5th. and some embroidery stuff, a few needles and a value pack of threads, and some plastic winding bobbins and rings. Today during class I wound the last 13 bobbins while watching and listening to my mentored learning instructor. I have found that having something to do with my hands helps me to remain calm and the time passes quickly, and I am such a great multi-tasker that I can watch and learn while also being crafty or productive, kinda like how I watch TV at home while working on stuff. So now all the embroidery floss is wound. It's nice! I decided my first attempt would be flour sack towels, then I changed my mind and decided on 0-3 month onesies. I bought little tagless ones. But then I realized that the underside of the embroidery or thread might be irritating to a baby's skin. Shit. So I decided that I could always embroider the butt.... that way the diaper would be the only thing touching the onesie. I got a shitload of embroidery patterns off the internet last night, I can't wait to start! And now that my floss is all wound up, I am ready to go!

I do have something I want to blog about, but I don't have time now, so maybe at my next break. Check back later!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I really like how you put all your embroidery floss on the metal rings - good idea! Mine are stored in a plastic box made for floss but I like the rings better!

Related Posts with Thumbnails