Monday, September 19, 2005

Wiley Wiggins and Mr Yuk

So today, the strangest thing happened. I was online and I ran across a blog posting about the AMC Special "The Making of Dazed and Confused" that aired LAST NIGHT. Damn. I was ticked that I missed it! So I then ran across a posting about the new (FINALLY) DVD release in 2006 of Dazed and Confused with all kinds of extras. Of course there has been talk about that for so long, I pretty much went "whatever, I will believe it when I see it" and then the blogger linked their source as Wiley Wiggins. I was like NO way. So anyway, I happened across his blog, also on blogger.com, and then happened upon his personal/professional website http://www.wileywiggins.com/

I was pretty thrilled about this. How often do actors/filmographers design and maintain their own website, and a blog? Especially one not entirely related to themselves? I guess it impresses upon me the reality - that as an actor, he is still a reachable person. I was also enthused that he works for Apple in Texas. So he is a computer geek like me, and although we have differing interests, we have some similar. It was incredibly refreshing. You may not know him, but he was "Mitch Kramer" in Dazed and Confused. I sent him an email and it was cool to read his reply, although it was short.

One of the things on his site that really made me laugh was an icon for Mr. Yuk. Now I don't know how to better describe Mr. Yuk than the round green sticker from the poison control center that was on all the rotary phones in our house in the late 70's and early 80's. And he also had a scrubbing bubbles icon that was awesome. So check it out if you have the time.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails