Thursday, March 01, 2007

In Like a Lion

March is here! I woke up at 2:30am to the sound of the dogs barking. It was thundering and lightening and by 2:45 we were in full-fledged storm mode with loud thunder and close lightening. At one point both Evan and I saw sparks come through the power outlet sockets in different rooms. But no breakers tripped and no appliances turned off or were damaged that we could see. Then he shut down all the computers. At 2:50 it was hailing and by 3:30 the ground and the road were solid ice chunks, all white like snow under the streetlights. I stayed awake until almost 4am. Then I slept clear till the alarm, which hasn't happened for weeks.

This morning I watched the Weather Channel while getting ready (per usual) and saw all the tornadoes and thunderstorms to the south and all the snow and blizzard warnings from Des Moines up to the Twin Cities. Amazing.

My mind was cranking all morning. Thinking about EVERYTHING. This and That. What Bills I need to pay. The Mattress arriving tomorrow. Things going on for the weekend.

Last night when I got home I had a HUGE Shopping bag of diaper samples, bottles, and Huggies Disposable washcloth samples, and Johnson and Johnson baby bath in tiny travel sized bottles. And Diaper coupons. Wow. It's good to have friends in certain places! Evan helped me to open all the individual newborn sized diaper packets and we put them in the little Longaberger Carry n Caddy Basket that I bought abuot a year ago to hold diapers. Adorable! I was pleased as punch. Then I made a Garlic Chicken Skillet for dinner. Evan had grabbed about $80 of groceries since we just has ketchup and mustard. And now it still looks so empty! But at least we have food to eat! Night before last he made salads and spaghetti with Garlic Bread, and he used whole wheat noodles that I like.

So on Tuesday night I cleaned the bathroom, vacuumed and mopped and cleaned the sink while Evan made supper. And we did laundry, especially towels and bathroom rugs, and re-stocked the linen closet with the towels and the freshly washed King Sheets for the new bed. Last night he carried the Christmas Tree out of the dining room (I know, February 28th and the Christmas Tree is still there. That's what being pregnant and tired does for you) and I packed up the rest of the Christmas Decor that was sitting on the dining room table, and he carried the totes to the attic. Then I cleaned the entire dining room, vacuumed, cleared the table off, and rearranged. Then I cleaned the bedroom. There were clothes and baskets of clothes everywhere. Lots of "I tried that on but since I am pregnant it didn't fit anymore" piles and some dirty clothes to be taken to the laundry room. We did more laundry and I folded and hang while Watching Shallow Hal on cable. Then Evan brought me home a King sized drumstick from Casey's and I went to sleep. Okay, maybe I ate some leftover spaghetti and then went to sleep.

When I woke up at 2:30, Evan was in the basement and he heard me padding around and came up. He said "Scared?" I said no, just edgy and frustrated that I can't get to sleep. The storm. The dogs all antsy on the porch, barking or whining or clicking around with their nails. So he let them out and then back in and Boyd came and lay in bed with me and Hadley tried to mold his body into the side of the bed from the floor. Boyd is used to being the protector and being near me in bed during a storm. It's always been that way. He was much more relaxed when in bed. But he isn't afraid, because he was an outside dog on the farm for the first 3 years of his life, so he's used to weather.

So eventually I just still couldn't sleep. I told Evan "I have heartburn" and he said "What did you eat?" I said "supper" and he said "and then?" and I said "a drumstick" and he said "and then" and I said "what do you mean? That's it" and he said "what else did you eat?" and I said "okay, maybe a little spaghetti?" and he said "when" and I said "before bed." and he said "And you wonder why you have heartburn." Ugh. Damn he can be so smart. I lay on the loveseat for a while and watched some Spartacus type movie from the 70's with him and then when the storm was over, he let the dogs out, trapped them on the porch, and gave me my ipod with the idog (not like you think, it's a dog pillow with speakers for ears) and I fell asleep before too much longer.

Tonight: Snow likely with areas of blowing snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 28. Windy, with a west wind around 30 mph, with gusts as high as 46 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. Little or no snow accumulation expected.

Friday: Snow likely. Cloudy, with a high near 32. Breezy, with a west wind between 25 and 29 mph, with gusts as high as 44 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.

Friday Night: A 30 percent chance of snow showers. Cloudy and breezy, with a low around 22.

Saturday: A 20 percent chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, high near 32.

Can't WAIT For the weekend. But first, a new BED!!!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails