Monday, December 12, 2005

Monday Monday

Wow. for all of the posting I did over the weekend, and new house pictures, it is pretty quiet on here. Apparently I am the lone ranger.

Today my Buddhapad arrived, I love it. For those of you who missed it, it's a mousepad with a smiling buddha on it and every time yourmouse rubs over his belly, it is supposed to give you good fortune. Now I am not saying I believe that, but I do believe that looking at it everyday may help me to remember karma, and that the donation that was made to charity because I purchased it, was worthwhile. I also have the matching screensaver, and they sent me a free sticker.

I am planning on taking Wednesday off work. My secret project needs finishing, as does the house, and I am thinking I would like to be there on the last day before they all disappear into the sunset. That way if something isn't right, I can mention it, and I can also make sure that there is working happening for every last minute they are there.

I have noticed a certain way of doing things that doesn't make much sense to a task oriented, focused person whose time is worth money. Let's say that today, for example, their main goal is to get one more coat of polyeurethane on the floor. Now there are about 50 thousand other things to do, but that is their main goal. Now the second coat will take no more than an hour or maybe two tops. So in my opinion, you work all morning, and afternoon, and two hours before the end of the day, you would start on the floors, just before you go home. Not the way it would happen if I weren't there, they would work for maybe an hour or two, and then they would do the floors. Then, because the floors are wet, and they can't walk on them to get into the room, they would likely go home at noon or 1pm. Now my problem with that is that there is tons of shit left to be done. Things to be hung on the wall, touch ups where knicks were put in the walls, where paint got scratched. Lights that need re-wired. Windows that rattle now. Light switches that need replaced, a new outlet needed for the freezer, the mess they made in my garage for them to help clean up- and this is just in OTHER rooms of the house, where they could go to fix these little blemishes and finish out their day. But without someone watching, that stuff won't happen. They would just call it a day.

So on Wednesday, I will be working on the secret project and also hovering around home.

Tomorrow night I clean dog kennels on a new night with a new crew.

That's about it. The story of my life.

3 comments:

PenneArdICS said...

Alright, I'm almost all caught up, but it's time to get back to work -- couldn't leave without making a comment on today's post since I answered the call on the "Invisible" line (along with a few others.) I could never have imagined how the house would turn out, but it's simply incredible -- you are indeed a Wonder Woman! Can't wait till the surprise is revealed...

I'm off to look for Tonto, Kemosabe ~
Hi Ho, Silver, away!

Tina said...

I am so excited to find out what the secret project is! When do we get to know?

Unknown said...

Christmas or shortly after!

Related Posts with Thumbnails