Thursday, December 29, 2005

Betty Crocker Warm Delights

I know it sounds sexual, but I don't think that was their intention. Or was it? The commercials feature a hot brunette curled up on the couch. She lets out an orgasmic moan as soon as the mouthful of chocolate gooey cake meets her mouth. Does that sound sexual?

Well, Evan and I were at Wal-Mart last night and from across the store, my eyes locked on an end aisle FULL of Betty Crocker Warm Delights. That orgasmic moan must have come out of my mouth in the middle of Wal-Mart, or perhaps I was drooling, because Evan took one look at me and said "go, get one." What a nice husband. Well when I got to them, there were 4 varieties. There was no way I could get just one! So I picked out a Brownie, a Molten Chocolate Cake, and a Chocolate Caramel Cake. I made one at work this afternoon.

Firstly, let me explain that it is a cake mix with a fudge pouch (at least the molten chocolate cake had a fudge pouch, it will vary by flavor) and you must add water and mix. It's like a mini cake mix, sans eggs and oil. So you add 1/4 cup of water (which I eyeballed, since I was sans mixing cup at my desk) and then you stir it all up with a spoon. So really, think Easy Bake Oven without the smokin hot light bulbs. Then you microwave for (1 minute 15 seconds according to the package) or (2 minutes 20 seconds according to our dinosaur of a microwave at work)

Overall, it was gooey, warm, chocolatey.... A nice experience. Great for those of us who don't need to bake an entire cake to get that chocolate fix. You see in our house, there's Just Evan and me. The dogs can't have chocolate and Evan doesn't have the premenstraul chocolate cravings that I do.... so it's all me. And WHY would I need an entire chocolate cake? Exactly. So this little guy is kinda nice. I personally couldn't eat all of it. It would be awesome with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.

Now, being a former kick-ass Pampered Chef Consultant, I have had plenty of experience with microwave cakes, in the mini stoneware bundt pans, and in the stoneware bundt pans. A full sized cake can take between 18 and 25 minutes to bake in the microwave. It will be more gooey and moist, and the best is when you squeeze a can of frosting onto the bottom of the cake (the top of the bundt pan) before baking, and the frosting is heavier than the batter and it runs down through the batter and ends up at the bottom of the bundt pan, so that when you flip the cake out, it is delightfully topped with melty frosting. How cool is that? But most people don't know that you can cook any cake mix in the microwave. Or they don't know that Pampered Chef's stoneware is all microwaveable, or that frosting will sink in an oh-so delicious way.

So try out the Betty Crocker Warm Delights. I was pleased. But it wasn't anything like the commercial. The hard part is that mixing it in a tiny plastic bowl with a plastic spoon, there are bound to be some dry chunks in the batter somewhere, and I found one when I was taking a big bite. But overall, it was good. And, did you know that there have been 11 easy bake oven models since 1963? Check out the timeline....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have tried these at home and think they are great as a quick fix. I am also a PC conslutant and like the micro cakes much better. By the way the BC cakes are excellent with vanilla icing.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful and informative web site. I used information from that site its great. America vacation center cruise Hummer tire carrier Stop smoking artificial cigarette Commercial fishing alaska. Red hots solid butt plug Cartridge discount filter pool Discount services dental and vision plans Shreveport pilates workout Adult mature video

Anonymous said...

Very nice site! » » »

Related Posts with Thumbnails