Wednesday, January 31, 2007

She Blinded me with Science...

Today I got recognized and praised for the large (approximately 400 page) website that I built and published for my "top-secret" employer back before January 1. It appears as though the local newspaper picked up on the site and published an insert to the Tuesday paper that contained a whole LOT of great information that was pulled DIRECTLY and word for word from the website that I worked so hard on. I am pleased. Not as much for being recognized as for knowing that SOMEONE out there saw the changes and was so happy with them that they converted it into a published insert, without charging my company, which makes everyone here very pleased at the exposure! Yeah! I love websites, and I would be thrilled if all my IT tasks consisted of web and graphic design. But you can't always be so lucky. My biggest fear now is who will maintain the site when I go on maternity leave, and what terrible things will they do to it that I will have to fix or undo.

Things that came in the mail yesterday:
  • Blue Boppy with Luxe Cover
  • Avent Bottle and Food Warmer
  • Baby Food Organizer (spinner)
  • Avent ISIS IQ Uno manual and electric Breastpump
  • Gap Maternity Cardigan Sweater
  • Black Motherhood Maternity pants
  • Brown Duo Maternity Pants
All of this goodness from our beloved eBay.

What I did last night:
  • Ate Ham and Cheese Hot Pockets
  • Got the shits from my new medication
  • Watched Malcolm in the Middle Episodes on Tivo
  • Balanced the checkbook AGAIN and went through mail and bills AGAIN
  • Let Dogs Out.
  • Let Dogs In.
  • Ate Hummus and Athenos Whole Wheat Pita Chips
  • Drank Water
  • Went to Bed
What I did today:
  • Ate Strawberry Yogurt Cheerios for Breakfast with a Glass of OJ
  • Saw the Midwife and got a new prescription.
  • Ate a Grilled Chicken Breast Sandwich with onions, tomato, lettuce, mayo, and mustard; 1 icky deviled egg, and "American Chopped Suey" a.k.a. Goulash for lunch.
  • Called husband and declared a financial emergency due to ANOTHER unexpected prescription.
  • Explained that just because you can't take the pills, the pharmacy does not give a refund.
  • Went to Pharmacy, picked up prescription and OTC Supplement the midwife recommended.
  • Cursed my health insurance that doesn't give me prescription coverage.
  • Counted the pills I now take on a daily basis, which have increased to 15, but won't complain because Ruben has it much much worse and for a much less fun reason.
  • Ate a HUGE piece of cheese pizza at 4pm to tide me over till supper (we eat late, like 7:30 or 8pm)
  • Picked up two books that I had the library order from the big city... "The Thinking Woman's Guide to a Better Birth" and "Choosing Waterbirth"
  • Craved morning star vegetarian corn dogs, one of my new favorites and addictions.
  • Read an article on ultrasounds and determining the sex of the fetus

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails