Monday, January 01, 2007

Happy New Year!

Sunday. No- wait. Monday!

Welcome to 2007!

Once again I prepare for bed, and a new work week. Yippee Skippy. Tonight we had Sesame Chicken Stir Fry and I worked on laundry while watching The Frighteners with Michael J Fox.

Today I cleaned, since it's the holiday, the cleaning people didn't come, and that means a 4 week stretch between cleanings. I picked up the house, and vacuumed the living room, dinind room, and kitchen, and vacuumed and mopped the bathroom. I dusted a little, did some dishes, ran the dishwasher, and washed the bedding, towels, and rugs. Evan vacuumed the spare bedroom and the office. All that's left is to vacuum our bedroom and the front porch, and that might be a tomorrow goal. I just got the sheets out of the dryer, made the bed, and took my nighttime round of pills and vitamins. I set out Cheerios, Oatmeal, and a banana to take to work for lunch this week, and put a load of good clothes in the dryer and dark clothes in the wash. I checked my email.

Today I finished the book "Good Grief" By Lolly Winston. It was okay. My next book needs to be better... I have had pretty boring reads lately.

For New Year's we went to John and Amethyst's house and had steaks and all kinds of goodies for dinner, and then we played lots of Wii (nintendo) and played Cranium and Trivial Pursuit Totally 80's. We got home after 2:30am and didn't go to bed until around 4:30am. We didn't kiss at midnight, we were playing a game and were across the room from each other. Oh well. I suppose after 10 years the novelty wears off.

I don't have alot going on this week, I'd like to just be home at night and relax, eat dinner, and maybe organize or read at home. Relax. That's the key! SOMEONE needs to clean the scrapbook/room and office soon and continue some scrapbooking projects. I need to pick up my Christmas Card Mess in there.

Today we watched the History Channel, they had an all day food marathon, starting with "American Foods" that went through the history of the hamburger and all the fast food chains that served them, and then went through Fried Chicken, the Sandwich, The Hot Dog, etc. Then there was the candy special, that went through snack food like Chips and Pretzels, and then candy and chocolates, and then pastries and bread. I had to eat a twinkie and a hostess cupcake. Yum. Then tonight there have been documentaries on Coffee, Distillaries, and Breweries. It was a fabulous thing to watch, and I am SOOO Glad we got to miss all these stupid football games! Yeah!

Thinking of crawling into bed and watching Conan O'Brien ("the Korean Missle will land in California and open up a nail salon.") and maybe hanging up some laundry.

Everyone have a great great week. Relax!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I never watch the history channel but somehow got hooked on it (hmmm, maybe FOOD caught my eye!) - totally interesting!

Relax, please do! Sounds like you are running your ass off cleaning house.

Related Posts with Thumbnails