Thursday, June 14, 2007

June in Bloom....

Well, today seemed good. Yesterday was good too, but work left me exhausted. Mentally. And Physically. I was so glad to leave! Evan took me to supper at Subway before his band practice, and then i went home and tore into the box that arrived from Bead Retreat. I sorted all my orders and delivered some to mom's house.... saw the bucket calf tied to the tree in the backyard, and watched some good TV like Cash Cab. LOL.

Got home after 10:30 last night and watered all my container plantings and hanging baskets. It was soooo nice and cool last night! I loved it. I slept like a rock, and really did NOT want to get up today. I slept an hour and a half longer than usual and STILL didn't want to get up.

I will post some pictures of the container plantings that I have going right now, As long as I remember to water them we are golden.... No weeds to pull! That is not the truth of the flower beds but oh well. A pregnant chick can only do so much! But even the wildflowers in the ditch are starting (just barely) to bloom. I anticipate pictures of those in the next week or so.

This weekend we have prenatal classes. Tonight and tomorrow I think I will concentrate on laundry. This weekend I would like to pack a hospital bag also.... but it's something I may or may not get to. My goal was to have one packed by 32 weeks, and Evan seems to think it's a good idea to "pack NOW!" Which I am sure comes from his once emergency trip to the hospital when I was in so much pain that he couldn't get me to put on clothes instead of my pajamas, or even a bra. I did put on underwear though. LOL. He's thinking he can get me there much more comfortably and won't have to worry if I have packed ahead of time. He's probably right. But it's hard for me to let me favorite pair of lounge pants and a tank top and a nursing bra and some of my much needed maternity underwear sit in a suitcase by the door. Not to mention my maternity/nursing pajamas, of which I only have two pair.

Unfortunately, this afternoon got so busy at work that I didn't get to deliver any beads to co-workers. Bummer!

I am late in mailing my coloriffic swap. It has been ready to mail on the dining room table all week, and I feel terrible about it. I need to get the customs forms filled out and take it to the post office tomorrow morning. Another nighttime goal for me.

I already sent out my "letter for you #14" swap and I just got my partner for the "US Only bottle fill" on swap bot. Now to find the bottle that I can fill and start!

I am also working on some cute letters for the baby room, and I have yet to take any pictures besides this one, which isn't anywhere near indicative of where I am at right now in the time line of craftiness. And I washed my first load of baby stuff.... which I think I already blogged about but here's a lil picture of the freshly folded fabulousness.

I am so so glad that tomorrow is Friday. I think if it were up to me, I would not work, but would stay home in my pajamas all day long, cleaning, organizing, and doing laundry and dishes. I might even give the stinky dogs baths and pull some weeds here and there. But I'll be damned if I don't have to work like the rest of the freaking people in the country. Did I mention that I look forward to maternity leave more and more each day? I love my job but I was MADE to be a housewife.

I love it when people go "Oh, so you think it will be like a vacation from work? Ha haha." I love it when they act like I have never taken care of or bathed a baby before. But they don't know that I started babysitting when I was 10 and by the time I was 16 I was taking care of a family of 5 kids under 5, all day, and sometimes staying the night also. If I can handle two kids in diapers, one on bottled breast milk or formula, and 3 others that are toddling around under the age of 5.... all by myself at the age of 16, I think I can handle my own child while on maternity leave. If I can cook meals for 5 kids, give baths to 5 kids, read stories to 5 kids, and take 5 kids to a parade or carnival or any other event, at the age of 16, I think I can handle my own child. Sure it will be work, but people act like since this is my first child, that I will be terrified to bathe or diaper the baby. I guess they assume that since I haven't had my own child, that I have never had experience with kids. Or babies for that matter. Fact is, I have babysat over 17 kids on a regular basis, and taken care of all their needs, and learned all about them from babies to teenagers. I think that at 28.5 years old I can handle my own baby.

I am not saying that it will be a breeze, but it's not like I don't know what I signed up for.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails