Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Prepare to Be Boarded!

Listening:
Rage Against The Machine- Down Rodeo
Mindless Self Indulgence- Straight to Video
Beastie Boys- Rhymin' and Stealin'
Wearing: Cargo Khakis, Brown V Neck T-shirt, American Eagle Shoes, Fake Ponytail, no makeup
Link of the Day: http://www.dresslikeapirate.com/

Last night you can see I obviously accomplished watching Wife Swap. AND husband had made chili to go with my beer bread, and we feasted and watched the season opener for "How I Met Your Mother." The toilet broke and husband had to get a new piece and fix it so it would flush. Then I balanced checkbooks and paid bills while he prepped ham and potato soup that we will have tonight for supper. Yum! The ham and potatoes were in the crock pot all night and this morning the house smelled wonderful. Today he will add the soup and it will be delicious!

So a few things off my list. Still haven't made those pesky ATC's or the pumpkin pie. One day at a time folks! I didn't get the bills paid and everything balanced until about 1:30am. Then I fell fast asleep.

Today, I suppose I am in an okay mood. I slept in and instead of getting ready for work as usual I just threw on clothes and my fake ponytail and didn't put on any make-up. Usually when I don't wear make-up, people steer clear of me. I have blonde eyelashes, so without mascara, they always think I am "tired" or "sick" and it cracks me up.

Today I wish I had a cool job like when I used to work at grain elevators. Somewhere that there isn't a "dress code" and where you wouldn't get fired for donning a little pirate garb and answering the phone like a pirate. A place where your customers would actually get into it and appreciate your enthusiasm and some entertainment.

I hate dress codes. HATE. THEM. We even have a dresscode for casual Friday's at my workplace. AND you have to PAY to participate in Casual Friday. Yeah.

Well, it's breezy and overcast today, and I got to wear my new coat (yeah!) and I enjoyed every second of it. Except my coat has this really cool feature that is kinda strange. It zips up the front, but then it has these magnetic strips inside the flap that goes over the zipper. They just magnetize themselves so you don't have to button them. But this morning coming into work, I had unzipped my coat, and when I walked through the door to the office (the frames are metal/steel whatever) My coat sucked me to the door frame. LOL. I cracked up. So I had to de-magnetize myself. I have always known that I have a magnetic personality. LOL.

Today I ordered my ladies pirate hat and some stripedy knee socks from the website of the day. I may have also ordered a copy of Cap'n Slappy and Ol Chumbucket's Pirattitude... Also got the idea (instead of paying $22) to make a keyring for the skeleton keys that work all the inside doors for our house, in case on halloween (or just whenever I feel like dressing like a pirate) I can threaten to lock someone in the gallows.

Well, that's all the joy I can spread for right now. Have a fabulous day!

Top Ten Pickup lines for use on International Talk Like a Pirate Day

10 . Avast, me proud beauty! Wanna know why my Roger is so Jolly?

9. Have ya ever met a man with a real yardarm?

8. Come on up and see me urchins.

7. Yes, that is a hornpipe in my pocket and I am happy to see you.

6. I'd love to drop anchor in your lagoon.

5. Pardon me, but would ya mind if fired me cannon through your porthole?

4. How'd you like to scrape the barnacles off of me rudder?

3. Ya know, darlin’, I’m 97 percent chum free.

2. Well blow me down?

And the number one pickup line for use on International Talk Like a Pirate Day is …

1. Prepare to be boarded.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the eye candy! =)

Related Posts with Thumbnails