100 things you probably do not know about me. (this idea is courtesy of Tina)
1. I hate celery. With a passion. The one food that I severely despise.
2. My degree is in Agribusiness Management, with Certificates in Beef Science, Swine Science, and Animal Nutrition. I also took a semester of Horticulture and Landscaping and have a very green thumb.
3. I can’t swim but I can float forever on my back. But panic insights in water deeper than 4 feet. It all stems from my 4 years of swimming lessons, in which I barely made it out of the baby pool because I wouldn’t put my face in the water.
4. I have eczema. In the winter I use a steroid lotion to keep myself from getting itchy red circles. It took doctors and dermatologists 3 years to diagnose it.
5. My great grandmother was a Hortz from Sheffield, Illinois. The EF Hortz American Legion is named after the first of her two brothers who died in WWI.
6. I once worked in a 7-generation (old) garden in Princeton Illinois, owned by Mary Win Walter-Norris. It boasts the Original “Yellow rose of texas” that came from Texas YEARS ago before it spread across the US, and also grapevines from the white house when Thomas Jefferson was president.
7. I sold Pampered Chef for 3 years and had three recruits. I love to cook and have almost everything in their catalog. I also bake bread from scratch and decorate cakes for family.
8. I can’t hardly resist talking.
9. I can type incredibly fast, way faster than I can talk… and I talk fast!
10. I know how to setup a secure wireless network. You think yours is secure? I betcha it is not.
11. I write incredibly straight. When younger, I had an obsession with writing over a ruler, to practice straightness.
12. I can recite the names of all the presidents of the united states in order…. And have been since I was really young (8 or 9 maybe?). I had a ruler that had them all listed, and I used to practice in the bathtub with the ruler stuck to the wall.
13. I have something of a photographic memory. I memorize license plates of people that I don’t even know, and mentally match them with their color and model of vehicle. Then when I pass a car in the dark, I read their license plates and can likely tell you the color and model of the car. I can also tell you all the previous models and colors of cars they have owned if they kept the same license plates. I am also a database of hundreds of phone numbers, account number, passwords, and extensions.
14. I have over 200 passwords to remember, either as a part of my job, as pin numbers, or through online bill payment and account management.
15. I have 7 email addresses, all of which I check on a daily basis.
16. I have had beagles my entire life, since I was born, with the exception of one cocker spaniel who bit me in the face when I was 6 and gave me a bloody nose that about made my mom get rid of the dog.
17. I bite my nails. I always have. I can’t stop. I have tried anything and everything.
18. I get incredibly bad motion sickness. I never throw up. Car sick, Air sick, and ESPECIALLY sea sick. I have a jumbo bottle of dramamine that I rely heavily upon. I can’t read or even look at someone else reading in the car without taking dramamine.
19. I love to read. So many different types of books. Everything from DH Lawrence to VC Andrews to Emily Bronte to JK Rowling. I am a huge fan of chick lit. I love recommendations for good books. And I read very fast.
20. My first kiss I was 16. And I slept with the first person I kissed. And he was my first boyfriend. But I did love him (then.)
21. I love peanut butter. When I was little they thought I was allergic to it. They made me stop eating it and I thought I would DIE!
22. My sister and I constructed tree houses on the ground.
23. We grew up on a centennial farm with 400+ acres with MANY groves of pines that my great grandpa, grandpa, and dad planted when my dad was small. The farm is called Osage Ranch.
24. I had my own cattle that I paid for with my own money by the time I was 14. I started my own cow/calf operation with a handful of cattle (mini-operation) and won Section and District in FFA.
25. I won awards at the Section/District/ and State Level in Safety in FFA.
26. I was the first ever President of the Bureau Valley FFA Chapter.
27. At 24 I was the president of the Bureau Valley School Foundation Board. Everyone else on the board was 40 or older.
28. I LOVE Seafood. Lobster, Crab, Scallops, Calamari, Shrimp…. YUM!!
29. I eat Tuna fish at least every other day. I love it. On toast, with cheese, or plain. Just add mayo and I am happy.
30. I spend over $100 a month on scrapbooking and stamping.
31. I can weave my own baskets. I have made 10 baskets in the last 4 years.
32. I am left handed. I play guitar, and write left handed. I play all sports and cut with scissors right handed, because that is how they taught me in school. I still walk like a left handed person, which makes me a total clutz at sports.
33. I like to crochet.
34. I like to draw.
35. I like to paint.
36. When in High School I won the Senior Artist of the Year award. It was of course my senior year and my first year to ever have an art class, as there weren’t any offered in previous years.
37. I have been married for almost 3 months but I have been with my husband for just over 9 years, and we have lived together for 5 years.
38. Until I was 18 I had never been anywhere but Illinois, Missourri, Iowa, Wisconsin, Nebraska, or Kansas.
39. My mother’s parents died when she was 5 and 15. I only have one set of grandparents.
40. My 2 best friends live in Utah and Near Chicago. We see each other only a couple of times a year.
41. I firmly believe that the telephone works both ways. Anyone who claims otherwise is on my shit list.
42. I hate liars. I almost never lie. I am brutally honest.
43. I hold a terrible grudge. If you did something to me years ago, I will not forget it. In fact, I am probably waiting for an opportunity to get you back for it. And I don’t forget.
44. I love to can tomatoes.
45. I love to eat tomatoes and mayo on toast. It’s a BLT without the LT and it is a necessary snack. Although I also love BLT’s.
46. I am proficient in Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Acrobat, Macromedia Dreamweaver (Studio MX 2004) and Front Page. I can also code HTML, but I hate to.
47. I hate to vacuum.
48. I hate to wash dark clothes, because it consists of Evan’s wardrobe of 500 black and dark blue t-shirts, and it takes me 20 minutes to hang up each load from the dryer.
49. My hair is stick straight, although I have a cowlick in my bangs.
50. I keep my toes perfectly manicured at all times. I have been told I have a model’s feet, although I have had a pitchfork through one, lost both big toenails 2 times, and have broken three toes. They always bounce back.
51. When I was 19 I got a sulfuric acid burn on my right ankle. It was so serious it ate my shoes and socks off my feet and ate my jeans off to the knees. I was rushed to the ER and I almost had to have skin grafts to repair it. This happened when I was a loss prevention security/hazmat officer at a warehouse for a hardware store. Someone speared a pallet of drain line opener with a forklift and while I was cleaning it up I slipped and fell into a puddle of it. Neoprene gloves saved my hands from being eaten.
52. I have never had stitches because when I needed them I refused to let the doctor look at my injury unless he promised me no stitches. I was about 5. That was back when he did “fix-ups” out of his home after hours. He promised and I got butterflies.
53. I have never broken any bones besides toes and fingers.
54. I have never had a cavity and my teeth are perfectly straight. My dentist loves to bring the whole office in to see my teeth at each checkup.
55. My mom is a breast cancer survivor, in remission for 5 years. It was detected during her first ever mammogram. And that mammogram saved her life.
56. I have arthritis in my lower back, most likely as a result of the double whiplash I suffered when an older woman rear ended me 4 years ago. I was stopped at railroad tracks for a train. I had just made the very last payment on my car and she hit me so hard she pushed me into the car in front of me, bent the frame in two places, and totalled the car. It took months of chiropractic care to recover.
57. Evan has one brother and I have one sister. She is 4 years younger than me, but 5 years in school.
58. I was the youngest person in my class.
59. Evan’s and my birthdays are exactly 1 year and 6 days apart. Mine is November 24th and his is November 30th
60. Evan’s dad and my mom have birthday’s two days apart. February 23rd and February 25th. (Take Feb. 23rd, add nine months, then look at number 59- you do the math!)
61. Fall is my favorite season.
62. Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday – because it is often my birthday! (this year it is)
63. I played the saxophone from 4th grade through my senior year. I played Alto, but also occasionally soprano, tenor, and baritone. I have the same saxophone that was my mom’s, and her father played also.
64. I actually went to Band Camp in 6th grade
65. I was a girl scout for 10 years. My mom was a leader from Brownies till Juniors.
66. I have never been to a concert, but I saw Restless Heart perform at the Kansas City National Rodeo when I was in high school.
67. I had never flown until our wedding trip to Canada. Flying was one of my biggest fears and I conquered it.
68. I spent months as a hired hand on a horse ranch. I cleaned hooves and stalls and saddled them but I refuse to ride them. I had a bad experience when I was in high school on a neighbors horse and now I firmly believe they are too far off the ground.
69. My dad’s cousin had her ear bit off by her own horse. He bit it off right through her hooded sweatshirt and she had to have it reattached.
70. I could drive a motorcycle by the time I was 7. I had a Honda 75 dirt bike and my own helmet. Before I could touch the ground I rode with my dad, first in front, and then in back.
71. I could drive a snowmobile when I was 7 and smowmobiling is my dad’s hobby and favorite pastime. We had an arctic cat Kitty Cat when we were little.
72. I learned how to drive a stick in a old pickup with a gooseneck trailer – because my employer sent me into town to pick it up and I didn’t know it was a stick. I learned the hard way… driving through town. And I never killed it once.
73. My mom is the coolest mom anywhere ever on the face of the earth.
74. My dad makes me pay him back for everything, down to the penny. Always has, and probably always will.
75. My sister owes me $125.00 and has since May. Besides that no one owes me money.
76. I am not afraid of lizards or fish or most small snakes. I kept salamanders as pets as a child and had a pet bullfrog named Jeremiah when I was 4.
77. I am deathly afraid of needles and for 10 years I passed out when they took any blood.
78. I Hate gory horror movies but am unaffected by shows like ER and CSI. The ER tolerance began when I actually started being around the OR for my job.
79. I do not go to funerals. I have only been to 6 in my life, and three of them were relatives, and two of them were friends, and one neighbor. I don’t do well with death. I get this from my mom. I had never seen a dead person until I was 17.
80. I like to video tape my dogs.
81. I love to take pictures.
82. I actually find Richard Simmons sweatin with the oldies to be motivating.
83. I had a pet coon named Rocky when I was a kid. My dad saved him after his mom died and left him alone in a tree on our property. We nursed him with bottles and fed him apples. He liked to ride on the lawn mower. Then he went back to the wild.
84. I spent hours trapping baby bunnies under clothes baskets in the yard when I was a kid.
85. I used to dig up mole tunnels to see if I could find the mole. Once I did. He was dead. It was the coolest thing ever.
86. I used to write my own mud-pie recipes… the vital ingredients were mud, water, pine needles, and rocks.
87. When my sister was little, we got flavored toothpaste from the easter bunny. She refused to taste hers, so I squeezed it in her mouth while she was sleeping and she threw up all over her blankets.
88. My sister and I used to play Church and post office in the basement. We had elaborate setups, and costumes. My sister delivered the mail wearing a motorcycle helmet and leather coat and a jumbo tide detergent box as a mail bag.
89. I have a big stamp collection.
90. I am a hoarder, I have always collected things, like Strawberry Shortcakes, seashells, rocks, blanket bindings, lightening bugs, Christmas bells, barbies, disney movies, and pottery.
91. I had never been to any restraunts besides like Hardees, McDonalds, and Pizza Hut until I my friends and I could drive.
92. I used to harass my ex by taking all my guy friends in college into A&W where he worked, and they would place their order and change it like 5 times on him, always in front of his boss.
93. I pierced my nose when I was 17. My dad grounded me for 3 months and that is when Evan finally asked me out, after dating for almost 7 months, because he finally started missing me.
94. My destiny is to go to Tuscany and drink wine and make Tortellini and bread with tiny italian women.
95. I know how to make tortellini. It’s awesome.
96. I hate bad storms and tornados. Two years ago someone videotaped one, on the ground, going through the field which is right behind my house. I was home alone, under a table in the basement with both dogs and a flashlight. I was scared out of my mind.
97. I’m not afraid to call the police. I have done it before and I will do it again.
98. I took a police officer to court when I was falsely accused of speeding. The officer never showed and I won. My ticket was dropped. I had built a case, complete with photographs and witnesses.
99. My first car was a 1981 baby blue Monte Carlo named “Spot.” He cost me $1000.00
100. I hide carmex in every pocket, purse, drawer, and nook and cranny I own. I probably own like 400 tubes if I could ever find them all at once.