Monday, October 17, 2005

Religion. This ought to get some goats.....

I personally do not have a big opinion on this one way or another. I generally do not discuss religion with others because it is a literal "hot button" and I don't believe it is anyone else's business what I believe. I also don't believe that republican southern baptists, or anyone for that matter, should shove their opinions and beliefs of god down other people's throats- whether it be in the government or everyday life. That is what I always groan when they teach you in church to run around spreading god's word and when I cringe when a Jehovah's Witness comes walking towards my door. However- this time I wanted to share this email I received. If you want to believe in god, you don't need the government's permission, and their decision to say "god" in their day to day transactions or post the ten commandments really doesn't affect me at all. So I am not saying that I care one way or another, because I certainly don't. Actually, I frequently wish that the US were like other countries in the way of being tolerant of all people, because we are all just that, PEOPLE. I also believe that we (all cultures) are all believing in the same exact god, because I believe there is only one god. I just believe that every culture interprets god differently, and names god a different name, and gives him a look that they are familiar and comfortable with, and it is man's interpretation of god that causes the problems we have, not that there is more than one god and that someone else's god is "WRONG." But that is just my opinion. But not matter what you believe, you almost have to agree that this email makes a good point!

:) Meagan

THE LAW IS THE LAW
So if the US government determines that it is against the law for the words "under God" to be on our money, then, so be it.
And if that same government decides that the "Ten Commandments" are not to be used in or on a government installation, then, so be it.
And since they already have prohibited any prayer in the schools, on which they deem their authority, then so be it.
I say, "so be it," because I would like to be a law abiding US citizen.
I say, "so be it," because I would like to think that smarter people than I are in positions to make good decisions.
I would like to think that those people have the American Publics' best interests at heart.
BUT, YOU KNOW WHAT ELSE I'D LIKE?
Since we can't pray to God, can't Trust in God and cannot Post His Commandments in Government buildings,
I don't believe the Government and it's employees should participate in the Easter and Christmas celebrations which honor the God that our government is eliminating from many facets of American life.
I'd like my mail delivered on Christmas, Good Friday, Thanksgiving &Easter. After all, it's just another day.
I'd like the US Supreme Court to be in session on Christmas, Good Friday, Thanksgiving &Easter as well as Sundays. After all, it's just another day.
I'd like the Senate and the House of Representatives to not have to worry about getting home for the "Christmas Break." After all it's just another day.
I'm thinking that a lot of my taxpayer dollars could be saved, if all government offices &services would work on Christmas, Good Friday &Easter.
It shouldn't cost any overtime since those would be just like any other day of the week to a government that is trying to be "politically correct."
In fact....
I think that our government should work on Sundays (initially set aside for worshipping God...) because, after all, our government says that it should be just another day....
Related Posts with Thumbnails