Monday, September 17, 2007

She Slept Through the Night!!

Whoa! What a fabulous night we had! after our 10-10:30 ish massage session, Ardyn was a limp little noodle, all soft skinned and relaxed. I fed her on both sides and she went to sleep by 11:30. I ran around and got ready for bed, took my medicine, filled up my water mug, etc. Then I lay down next to her... and woke up at 8:40 this morning! No shit! I was all like "What? We didn't wake up to eat or change her diaper? At least once?" Sweet! That was the first full night's sleep I have had since BEFORE getting pregnant, considering that I always have to get up to pee in the night... but last night I slept like a rock. I never even changed positions once. Never looked at the clock once! Of course the milk supply was overfull this morning. Let-down was practically impossible, I could tell as soon as I bumped a breast that it was going to be a pain. I put the Gerber heat/cool packs in the microwave and put them on for about 5 minutes, and held one to the top of my breast while she avidly tried to nurse and get the milk to come out. It didn't take as long as I thought it might but I was almost crying for the breast pump to relieve some pressure. Once she got things flowing on one side, the other side was a piece of cake. And I got smart enough to start her on the side she prefers, so her frustration level was minimal. She ate big on both sides and we changed her diaper (which was miraculously just wet) and then she went into the bouncy seat so that I can take my first tub bath. I need to soak a bit, and so I am soaking in clean water (no shampoo,etc.) I look forward to it!

Looks like we need to make a routine out of late night infant massage! And of course, this as I am bidding up to $100 on a co-sleeper. Ha!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YAY for that infant massage! That's awesome that she slept through the night! ^5 with the breastfeeding too ... I tried that and it didn't work for me.

I haven't checked your site in a few days thinking you were all busy with your girl and see what I get, 4 missed posts! sheesh! lol

Related Posts with Thumbnails