Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Scrub a Dub Dub.... Babys poop in the tub....

Yesterday and today were lazy days. I took baths or showered but put pajamas on instead of clothes. We took nice long naps, especially today from about 12:30 till 2:30. A family nap! It was so nice. Last night and today I worked on laundry too. Put fresh sheets on the bed. Cleared off the dining room table. Things like that. Ardyn has a daily meltdown now, but they usually last about 15-30 minutes. I can always resolve it by feeding her, but I try not to go to that first... but the longer I try to make her feel better, the more pissed she gets. I try the 5 S's, but they only work for a small amount of time. Feeding her is the instant satisfaction, even if she only actually eats for 5-10 minutes before she falls asleep. It's good to have boobs full of milk. LOL. Otherwise she is still sleeping for about 6 hours at night, and then for another 3-4 more hours. Her meltdowns usually start in the evening. I just keep giving her massages before bed and that always seems to do the trick and she goes to sleep.

Tomorrow we are planning on starting daily walks with the baby and dogs. I have been looking forward to that, but the one walk that I took left me pretty tired, although she was only like a week old then. Hopefully it will be better now that I have been recovered more and am getting more rest and sleep. The last time I felt pretty good until I walked across town, then I was sore and tired. But I was operating on a serious lack of sleep then and I wasn't healed. We will start with a short walk and stay on our side of town, and build towards the walks we used to take that went around town and took 45 minutes to an hour. The dogs need the exercise.

Today I was going to let Ardyn take a bath with me, having Evan hand her in when I was finished getting cleaned, but at the last minute I had a vision of her pooping on me. Usually when I give her her bath, she has just had a dirty and wet diaper so I am golden... but today I just had a feeling it was about time for a dirty diaper. So I got out of the tub and then we filled her little tub and after I got her whole body washed and was ready to do her hair, she pooped in the tub. All over the little fabric hammock. Damn. So she shivered on her towel (in front of the heater) while I rinsed her tub out and we started over. That wasn't her favorite bathing experience. Or mine. But I was really glad that I had the foresight to not put her in the tub to poop on me. ha ha.

I had something earlier today that I wanted to blog about, and it WASN'T baby related, but the baby took up the rest of the day, and my brainpower, until I could get to the computer, and of course, I have forgotten it. Let's see if I ever remember it.

I didn't win the mini co-sleeper on eBay. It went for $91 plus $30 shipping. Okay. This is a USED mini co-sleeper, all of them on there are usually used, but it retails for $130 at Target. So you are saving almost NOTHING to buy it used. It's insanity. I have been bidding on them for a week and it has really started to piss me off. Well Target had 15% off baby gear again so I just bit the bullet and ordered it. Evan agrees that it's a good investment. I figure if I don't like it, I can always return it to Target (with the receipt. Bastards) or hey, sell it on eBay for almost the same amount I paid for it. (Idiots) Of course I ordered it yesterday morning, and Target always royally pisses me off with the length of time it takes them to ship something. It's like "are they MAKING it in their toy shop?" Jeez. They are preparing your order to ship for the longest time. It's annoying. So I check my email like 3 times today hoping to see it shipped. Nope. As a matter of fact, I still haven't seen part of the order that I placed about a week and a half ago. As a matter of fact, I probably should have ordered it elsewhere online. Oh well. Too late now. They are "preparing my order for shipping."

Have a nice night.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails