Thursday, May 03, 2007

Kicking my ass

Yesterday was the busiest day on the face of the earth, and today is already running a close second. We were so busy at work yesterday, it was unbelievable. It was like full moon times 2000. By the end of the day, the day was not ending.... and when I finally left work, I was stretched thin but coping amazingly well. Evan and I met the daycare provider and secured our spot, and then we went to Culvers to grab a bite to eat. I was hungry! I successfully ate their pork BBQ special without burning my mouth (this time!) but I did BITE the inside of my cheek TWICE. What is it with Culvers that turns me into a retard?

We ran to Wal-Mart to get just a couple of things, and Evan pleasantly suggested that we go through the baby aisles, which was good, but just at the end of the baby section, I could feel myself breaking down from exhaustion. I just looked at Evan and said "We have to go. I can't take anymore." and he knew exactly what I meant. I was worn out. I couldn't hardly put one foot in front of the other. It had finally hit me! So I went home and did a foot spa thingy since my feet were killing me, and went to bed by 9:30. I was pooped.

My carpal tunnel has really been acting up so I wore my wrist braces to bed last night. I have a lump on my left wrist and when you touch it it feels bruised. It hurts so bad, I am just trying to be careful about how I position my wrists and how I use them.

So I slept okay, but at 5:30 I woke up and had been lying int he same position since about 3:30 and was sooooo sore. My hips hurt, my back hurt, my wrists hurt, Ugh. I had lines all over my body from the sheet pressing against me. I tried to go to the bathroom, remove the wrist rests, and go back to sleep, but just before 6:30 I realized it was a lost cause and I got up and took a bubble bath with the little heater on in the bathroom. I was so sore and the bath helped. I tried to kill time, but I was at work by 7:45. It's hard to kill time when the bank and post office aren't even OPEN yet!

I ate Biscuits and Gravy and a few strips of Bacon, along with some grapefruit juice for breakfast around 9:45, I was starving when I was driving to work and realized I hadn't eaten any cereal and my purse was suddenly a void of crap and not one granola or Luna bar could be found.... so I chewed gum and dealt with it until I had time to eat. The "busy" at work started literally the second I walked through the door...

I am accomplishing amazingly huge things.... but it's really kicking my ass. And there's still so much more to do. Husband has suggested a round of golf and a date night on Saturday.... I am excited and desperately hope I can stay awake! I am just reminding myself that next week I get my teeth cleaned and get a pedicure (why don't they do both at the same time?) and that's keeping my feet moving. They aren't swelling but they sure as hell hurt.

Hope everyone is still kicking out there....
The gas leak is fixed and all is well. Hot water abounds at home now!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails