Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Gross

I hate mornings. Really. I have always hated them, but the older I get, the worse mornings are. I don't get up early, and I go to work later in the day than most people. I also work later. So today when my alarm went off at 5am and it was DARK I could have died. Misery. I have been miserably awake for the past 4 hours. Normally I would just be getting UP now. But no.

So after a 5am wake up, and Trudging through snow and wind to get to work (in the dark) I also had to park in and walk across an unplowed parking lot, and into a workplace that was virtually quiet and I was all alone. Now I have a headache, my neck is killing me, my back hurts, and I can guarantee it will only get worse as the day completes.

I was not made for morning. Call my whiny, but it literally makes me sick and tired. I can't wait till I can go home early and I will probably climb into bed. Even though I got 6.5 hours of sleep last night, I feel like I might as well have stayed awake. Stupid 5am. Stupid work ethic. Stupid expectations.

It's supposed to continue snowing all day today, probably just up until the point that we are all snowed in at work and I can't get home to my own bed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ick - I feel for ya! I hate mornings too and it's snowing like a bajeezus here. Thankfully, I have no place to be!

Related Posts with Thumbnails