Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Home from the Hospital.... Feeling better!

It's been a rough few days!
Saturday Evan woke up with the stomach flu. Again. It was not a good day. Ardyn and I packed up and went to my mom's. I scrapbooked there all Friday afternoon while Evan got our new dryer picked up and installed, and then I just continued scrapbooking on Saturday and my mom played with Ardyn. I got about 40 scrapbook pages done in those two days.

Saturday night, Evan was still sick, so Ardyn and I decided to stay at my parents. I really really really did not want us to all be sick again, especially with all the crampy, contraction, pelvic spreading I had been feeling recently. All I can think of is being sick with the stomach flu AND in labor, and I don't think that's something anyone wants. I had JUST been feeling great again, and like myself, and had lots of motivation and energy. Well, we stayed at my mom's until Sunday afternoon, when Evan was feeling better. When we got home I was so tired, Evan played with Ardyn while I took a nap. That night we all ate supper together. Ardyn was a little out of sorts, and after she went to bed I went to bed shortly after. I was really having a hard time being comfortable and sleeping, I kept burping and my stomach was really crampy. Well, by morning I was all out sick, and had intense nausea and alternating constipation and diarrhea. It was bad. By noon I was cancelling my Dr. Appointment. By 12:30 I called my mom begging her to come take Ardyn. I was so so sick. Evan was still sick. by 3pm I had been having gagging and dry heaving episodes and by 3:30 was calling my midwife telling her I was worse and getting scared. She had me come into the hospital as an outpatient. We were there for several hours (5 maybe?) and I got anti-nausea meds, anti-diarrhea meds, and pumped full of IV Fluids. The anti-nausea meds actually worked, but only lasted about two hours, and then I was miserable again. I was able to sleep there for about an hour and a half while the last 2.5 hours of IV Fluids went in, and felt a little better when we left. They did fetal heart tones and all that jazz, and when Evan took my home he settled me into bed with water, remote controls, iPod, and some applesauce. I think I was able to get down about 3 bites of applesauce in about 6 hours. Ugh. I was pretty nauseous still, and miserable until about 1am, and then I was able to sleep. I was sweating something fierce all night, I would wake up and my hair nad pillow would just be drenched, and my nightgown soaked and stuck to me. Luckily I was able to sleep till about 9:30 this morning and woke up feeling almost 100% better. Today I have had a few handfulls of dry cereal and also a cup of applesauce. That's all I have eaten since Sunday night, but those IV Fluids sure helped me feel normal again.

So today my mom took off work to take care of Ardyn, since she spent the night. I woke up and started the day off with a good toothbrushing and a bath. Ahhh. I even shaved my legs. Then I started to do some disinfecting, alternating with relaxing on the couch. I washed all of Ardyn's bedding, all of our bedding, opened the windows (it may be windy and raining but it is 65 degrees out) and then I unloaded and reloaded the dishwasher. I took lysol spray to every light switch, toilet, sink handle, bathtub handle, doorknob... you name it, it's been lysol treated. I washed the throw and the throw pillows off the couch, I vacuumed the living room, dining room, kitchen, and front porch, banned the dogs to their kennel and steam mopped all those floors. I tried to alternate all of this with rest, so as not to overdo it.

I am so sick of people saying "Why do you all keep getting sick" because it makes me feel guilty (as if mommy guilt isn't bad enough already) and makes me feel like they are insinuating that I am not doing enough to keep us all healthy. But after the last time we were all sick I disinfected and steam mopped and washed bedding and we still got sick again, twice now. I think this is just volatile shit going around, and daycare doesn't help, and on top of all that I am pregnant and my immune system isn't what it should be. And I think this has been a long long winter and germs just keep circulating and incubating and we need some good fresh sunshine to kill off these germs that keep lingering and circulating. Today I even went as far to decide that I need to scrub the dog bowls. As if we eat out of them ourselves. LOL. I even put all fresh towels and rugs out in the bathroom. Seriously, what more can I do?

At this point I am not only trying to prevent us all from getting sick again, but hoping with a vengeance that Ardyn does not get this.

I still want to wash a load of towels and good clothes, and a load of diapers tonight. But besides that I feel like I have done more than enough for an almost 39 week pregnant chick who just came home from the hospital late last night.

What really sucks is that I feel guilty that other people are going to get it. For example, I canceled Ardyn's allergist appointment today, and my endocrinologist appointment tomorrow. I canceled my OB appointment. And what is really ironic is that there are so many people in this world who don't know how to just stay home when they are sick, and are probably the reasons that we keep getting sick. Ugh. When Ardyn and I were sick before, mom came over like a week after we were sick, and after I had disinfected, and still got sick. My sister did too. But I don't know for sure if they got it from us or other sources. But I wouldn't wish this on a non-pregnant person, let alone someone like me! Ugh!

Since we have all been under the weather, the mail has been rolling in and we haven't been able to get it! Today Evan picked up the mail and had to have me meet him at the backdoor to carry it all in. I had ordered a few bulk items from Amazon grocery... Ecover Fabric Softener (safe for cloth diapers and said to be the best for OBV items) and Some Ian's organic nilla wafers in little pouches for Ardyn. They are dairy free and cost less to order from Amazon than to buy at Toys R Us (not to mention I got the free shipping.) I also had an order of postpartum mamma pads arrive, which I am estatic and especially pleased with.
Postpartum Pads
Since the Serger broke, I knew I wouldn't be getting mine done, and I was panicking about how SOON this baby might get here. I got seven beautiful pads and four winged fleece bases they snap to.... and I have another set of 10 more regular pads coming for when the heavy bleeding slows. I can not wait to have postpartum without plastic-y pads under me. Ahhh. At this point I am just happy to have postpartum altogether. I am not looking forward to labor. I am looking forward to the baby, and spring, and postpartum to me means all of that. I also feel like my body is ready for postpartum, because I am hoping I will be better able to fight off sickness and all that when I am supporting this life OUTSIDE my body, instead of inside. Although there is the lack of sleep part. Which I hope will be better this time around because I will have already been there done that. And the horrific acne and hair falling out part, which I am not looking forward to.

The wind has REALLY picked up and gotten wicked here since I sat down to blog. Wow! I had to go out to the porch and shut the windows because they were slamming open and closed. I had two dog beds sitting on the front steps and they had already blown into the driveway. Ugh.

Evan and I hung up the strips from the container store in Ardyn's closet tonight, to organize her hair things. I had one from my scrapbook room that we were using, but wanted a couple more, and Angela picked them up for me the last time she was on her way "home" to visit. I am super thrilled with them. I can't get enough of organized things~

My parents are taking Ardyn out to eat supper and then bringing her home. I can't wait to see her! I have missed her, but boy was I glad that she wasn't here. I am going to sit down now and eat my first "meal" in 48 hours. Wish me luck!!!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails