Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Having a good week,

Not sure how much time I have! Ardyn is swinging happily, which never happens at nighttime, as this is the time she will be either Fussy or hungry. Or both at once.

I haven't been around much - call it a long weekend! LOL. I can't even really remember what I did since last Friday. Friday I can't remember at all. Saturday we went to Target. I desperately needed to get OUT. Ardyn was pretty good all day on Saturday. We ate at the Chinese Buffet in Peru, and then went to Target where we dropped WAY too much ca$h but I felt WAYY better. Ha. We did get an 8.5 x 8.5 scrapbook for Ardyn, and some scrapbook paper. I bought three nursing bras, which were identical to the three I had ordered from Target.com, but after I placed my order I found that they were back ordered for 2-6 weeks and I thought "screw this" so I bought them in the store and then got online and canceled my order. We also bought two canisters of Oxi-Clean baby, since that's the stain treatment of choice in this place nowadays. You can only find the stuff at Target, so I bought two. And we bought three lap pads to replace the three that we have already ruined because they were DEFECTIVE and fell apart in the wash although the directions clearly state wash/dry is appropriate. We had 6, a pack of three pink and another pack of 3 green. We have used and washed them both equally, but all three green ones fell apart. One fell apart the first wash. The others shortly after that. The three pink ones are all intact. They were Circo brand (a Target brand) and I would totally write them a letter except the bastards ON PURPOSE I am sure, don't put their address or a phone number on their packaging. Bastards.

Saturday night Ardyn went into total meltdown mode for three hours until I was about to shave my head like Britney Spears. Evan came back home and entertained her and we got her calm again with lots of feeding. She then slept clear through the night. Or should I say morning. 8 hours straight, although she didn't go to sleep until the wee morning hours. Apparently she was gassy. Unbelievably gassy. LOL. Sunday we didn't do much that I can remember. She was the best baby ever and didn't cry once all day or night. Sunday night Ardyn and I went to Anya's to drop off a casserole dish and some Huggies Coupons we had saved for them, and then we went to Wal-Mart for no reason other than to buy cereal and envelopes. Luckily they only cost us $76. Ha. I bought some frames for her new pictures, so that we can hang some in the "master bedroom." and some other grocery/household items, including ziploc bags and glue traps. That night I caught the second little mouse. I also stayed up for HOURS and she was awake from 6am-9am, after only going to sleep at 3:30am, and I had to have Evan take her in the morning so I could try to grab another hour of sleep. She was so fussy!

All day Monday she was gassy again, and a little fussy. We went to my parents for the day since they were both off work and mom was painting. Monday night we were hanging out at home again. As soon as I got back from my parents I tried to lay down with her because I had a horrible headache. I think it was from being so tired. Evan took her while I took an hour long nap, until she started her "hungry cry" which I (and my boobs) cannot sleep through. Evan and I made BLT's and mashed potatoes and corn for supper and we hung out. We both looked bleary eyed.

I tried to go to sleep at 1am after she did, but I was having no luck. Lying in bed for some reason. I ended up falling asleep just after 2:15, only to be awoken at 2:36 by her crying because she had wiggled her hands up and out of her swaddle sleep sack, and they were under her chin but she couldn't quite get them in her mouth. So I had to unswaddle her, and re-swaddle her, and she acted like she might go back to sleep... but then she pooped. So I changed her, and then Evan fed her a bottle, and then re-swaddled her, and she answered back with staying awake till 4:30am and eating two more times. Then she was awake at 6:50, 7:50, and 9:50am. Switching it up. We did lots of side lying nursing that night/morning.

Today (Tuesday) we slept as late as we could ... luckily I felt okay today, and we got lots of things in the mail. The Avent Isis IQ Duo arrived. I washed and sanitized all it's parts and packed supplies in the bag that I will use when I go back to work, even though that's forever away from now. We got three books from Amazon, and my mother's milk tea by Yogi. I also got two magazines to read, although if I have them even cracked by the end of the week it will be a miracle.

Ardyn and I went to the hospital today, to get a prescription refill of mine, and the breast cancer awareness shirts that I had ordered, and visited my department at work. Then we ran to Peru and picked up her photos from Sears (yay!), and a Cheeseburger and Pickle Pizza for supper from Lou's LaGrotto. We are running the dishwasher. I just gave Ardyn a bath and washed her hair, and then gave her a massage, and then changed her again, swaddled her in her sleep sack, and rocked and nursed her to sleep. And now, she's in bed. 11pm! Probably the earliest in WEEKS! Yay!

I will follow shortly, after I drink my cup of tea and finish this blog posting and the episode of Elen DeGeneres I am watching. I did get lots accomplished today. I was able to fax in the letters from HR and my OB regarding my short term disability claim. I was able to call my insurance company to ask where Ardyn's HRA money is. Evan mailed all the bills I wrote out and I made a bank deposit. I got all of Ardyn's pictures cut apart, and ours put in their frames. Saturday I even got my toenails painted, after almost 5 weeks of attempts. I took the polish OFF on Tuesday, and it took till Saturday till I could get them painted again! I also finished Dan Brown's Angels and Demons on Sunday. It was an excellent book. I loved it. I kinda thought the end drug on a bit, a lot of philosophical dialogue that I was getting bored with... but it was a great story. Very well Written. And of course Evan says they are making that into a movie. Let's see if they can screw that up as much as they screwed up the ending of DaVinci Code. If I can help it, I won't ever see the movie. I think I learned my lesson.

Now I have two new books to start reading. I Was a Good Mom Before I had Kids by Trisha Ashworth and Amy Nobile. And Baby Makes Three by John M. Gottman, PHD. and Julie Schwartz Gottman, PHD. Evan is reading Delilah's Everyday Soul Cookbook and picking out all kinds of recipes that we need to make. I am way behind on updating the blog's booklist. Ugh. Oh well. I have a handful of Thank You Cards to finish first, from last minute gifts I received. I also have Fall/Halloween Decorations to put out, and I need to test out the new breast pump. Plus Ardyn's scrapbook hasn't been started yet! So much to do... so little time, but tonight I will drink my tea and go to bed!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails