Saturday, October 20, 2007

Good Morning!

Ick. Still Sick. Today feels worse. For me I am sure, for Ardyn I am pretty sure. She seems to be in pretty good spirits this morning, but her nose was sure stuffy until I sucked it out a couple of times. Up early again. This is a good thing, but it doesn't feel like it when you are sick and sleep deprived. We rocked in the nursery for a while, and nursed quite a bit. She's eaten four times in 1.5 hours, which I am happy about because her diaper was almost dry this morning and that's not good for a 5.5 hour overnight stretch. I don't want her getting dehydrated. I kept getting sleepier with each sway of the glider so we moved to the living room with the Nurse's Kit and Kleenex, and I am making hot tea and Organic Cinnamon Bun Oatmeal from the Country Lane General Store in Tampico. Yum. Ardyn is in her swing and I was *hoping* that it would put her to sleep so we could both nap for a while... but she is looking wide awake. At least she's happy. Here's hoping I get a nap today, and sooner than later. I know she will nap sometime, but it can be hard waiting for it, especially when you are sick!

I am becoming a fantastic songwriter. This morning we sang....

Mommy and Ardyn
We both feel sick
Stuffy nose and sore throat
treat us with vicks
If we had our way
We'd eat soup all day
And then we'd take a nap
Cuz we feel like crap
Mommy and Ardyn

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails