Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Decisions Decisions

Do you know how hard it is to drag your ass out of bed and be motivated when you know you will go to work and bring home the equivalent of $1.25 and hour? And this is in the good Ol USA, not Mexico. No Third World Country. Ugh. Dramatic. I know. But man is it hard to feel motivated to give 100% of yourself when you could be home in your stretchy pants eating cereal and playing with your kid all day.

My mind has been ROLLING with what I will do. ROLLING with ideas. Dollar signs. Business Opportunities. SAHM and WAHM thoughts. It's so hard for me to get to sleep at night. Ever since feeling the pain of a postpartum paycheck, I have gone to bed at 12am or 1am instead of my usual 10 or 10:30. Even when I lay down, my mind swims for another hour at least. Frustrating. My husband just says "Don't worry. Don't stress" and while I appreciate his comforting comments, if it were that easy to turn MY brain off, I would have done it by now. In talking with CB I got to the bottom today, determining that you can't really make the "right" decision in this situation because you can't know the outcome. You just can't know what will happen 20 years from now, and whether or not either decision is the "right" one. So I am going to try to not let this eat me alive for a while. Speaking of eaten alive.... I swear something is biting my back.

I have been investigating Sergers. The Husqvarna has the best reviews, even over most singer models I have read about. Although Brother gets fairly good reviews. I think I need to go to a sewing store and see them demonstrated. But those are few and far between these days. The closest one is like 45 minutes away. Trying to figure out if I should have Evan take me, go by myself, or what.

Ahhh.... Decisions. Life is full of them.

3 comments:

Stacey said...

Hi Meagan,

My name is Stacey and I originally met you years ago in WLPC & WLPC2. we chatted a few time. Please don't think I am a stalker. Something about you I find accompelling.... your blog interesting... To be honest I didn't even know I could make comments to you.... anyways

Yesterday... when reading your "Decisions".. I wanted to reach out to you so bad... I was there almost 5 years ago. That was when I found Pampered Chef. I quit my job "cold turkey" and jump in PC with both feet. My business is wonderful and I am HAPPY!

The best part is I am home with my daughters. By the way today is a snow day and it feels so good that I don't have to drag them out of bed to go somewhere and also knowing they can play in it when they wake up.... and I can make hot chocolate for them when they come in.

Have you ever thought about coming back to PC? I remember when you did... your business it was pretty good with everything else you were doing. Just think what it could be if you could concentrate on that. I bet you would be AMAZING!

Lots of exciting things have happened over the last year and this year as well. The one I am truly excited about is the new interactive shows (1 hour max).

By the way I think Ardyn looks like you.

If you'd like to chat, please let me know.
Take Care

Stacey from WV

Unknown said...

THANK YOU STACEY! I don't think PC is for me anymore but I WILL find something. I appreciate your comments and support!

Stacey said...

No Problem Gal!

Just thought I'd ask... you never know until you do.
Anyways...
Thanks for allow me to lurk. Best Wishes on finding your nitch.... you are so creative you will find the perfect "something"..... brain storm on paper your strengths, talents, and passions.... put them together! I bet you will come up with something. Take a leap of faith......

I look forward in future blogs to see what you come up with. I'll pop in and comment from time to time... (now that I know I can... Hee hee!)
Have a great day!
By the way Ardyn really does look like you. Super Cute she is!

Related Posts with Thumbnails