Thursday, September 14, 2006

Grab the Cannon by the Balls, Savvy?

If you know me, you know I like Pirates. And of course the Pirates of the Caribbean with dashing figures such as will turner and jack sparrow (haven't I always loved johnny? oh yessss I have!) just makes me all the more pleased. For a few years I have followed International Talk like a Pirate Day. They are my Flickr friends. And everyone knows Flickr is SO Much cooler than MySpace...

And today, I am thrilled to share with you...

On an upcoming episode of Wife Swap, Mad Sally (wenchy wife to the International Talk Like a Pirate Day Co-Founder Ol' Chumbucket Baur) is swapped with what she describes as a "a rigidly ordered, controlled and controlling family who, I swear on Great Neptune's man nipples, actually lives by the credo, "appearance is everything." They actually said, "You judge a book by its cover." The episode airs on September 18th, Fittingly, the day before September 19th, wich IS International Talk Like a Pirate Day.

I fully intend to NOT miss that episode. September 18th. Mark your calendar or ye shall walk the plank fer shor. I'll be back and we will blog about Mad Sally's experience, here on this very page, on September 19th, International Talk Like a Pirate Day.

I want you to know that I am, as I am typing, rapping along to Beastie Boys' Rhymin' and Stealin' because I know every word, I love the Beastie Boys, and it's the perfect piratey good song. Check our Mad Sally's account of her experience on wife swap. If she's mad, she is a Madly Literate and well versed lady. And a Great writer. She should blog on the International Talk Like A Pirate Day Website, if you want my opinion.

Or, if you really want to get prepared, Watch the videos so that you know just how to act and talk like a pirate on September 19th (or if you are me, any other time the feeling might strike ya.) Have you gave any thought as to how you might answer the phone at work that day? Or what about other questions? Well, you can just Ask Capn' Slappy. Got Kids? Well, we should ALL know how to sing the Pirate Song.... your kids will LOVE you for this! Or why not teach them how to Swagger? It's all about pirattiude. And whatever you do, don't forget the Five A's.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so addicted to myspace lately, I know it drives you insane! Beastie Boys. Gotta love brass monkey and fight for your right. I remember way back when, when I bought the CASSETTE TAPE "licensed to ill". CLASSIC! Thanks for the reminiscing - I'm off to itunes to do some downloading.

Anonymous said...

I made fun of myspace too. Til I jumped on the hoe train. Now I'm addicted too.

If it's talk like a pirate day we can talk like Will Turner who has that hot accent that's not pirate-y at all. If not then its discrimenation against pirates with accents, and that's not right.

Related Posts with Thumbnails