Monday, August 28, 2006

I'm Tina Fey

And this is your weekend update!

Friday night we went to the 151st Bureau County Fair and had the very best time I have ever had at the fair. It was SO nice this year, with extra clean and nice rides and carnival attractions. We met up with Brad and Anya (and Ava) and Josh and Lisa. We watched the dog show. Evan and I walked through the buildings. We ate fair food (mmm Chicken Pita and Lemon Shake-up!) and enjoyed all the fair goodness. I took some cool pictures (if I do say so myself) that are on Flickr. Check them out! I went home and washed all the tomatoes to can, and Anya and Lisa brought over Ava, and I watched her for a few hours while Anya and Lisa went to the bar with Brad and Josh. I was just too tired for the bar, and with vacation coming up, I had so much to do this weekend! Ava is too big for my bassinet now so I had to break my Eddie Bauer Pack n Play out of the attic. That's what she sleeps in at home, so she was super happy when I lay her in there. She went right to sleep. Evan and I went to bed at about 3am, and at 2:30 we were eating eggs and bacon courtesy of husband. He even made me a wrap! I remember sitting on the kitchen floor with Boyd, watching him fry bacon. I was so tired I could hardly function.

Saturday I slept till noon, and got up and immediately started canning tomatoes. It took a few hours, but I got 21 pints. I had more jars but people just don't seem to have the abundance of tomatoes this year. A co-worker and I both had problems with them rotting from the bottoms. The 21 pints that I got were from my co-worker, who was kind enough to share the wealth! Evan put together our table, (the replacement) and discovered that it had two knicks on the edges/corners and a dime sized ding in the top. Argh!

Evan finished the table and I cleaned up my mess and showered and Evan and I went to Jackson's house and had deep fried turkey (that he shot!) and a bunch of other great food with his wife and kids. We had a great time. Jackson's daughter is super cute and sweet, and we bonded a bit. And of course, as usual, Jackson's awesome wife Angelique sent us home with what was the BEST Peach Pie I have ever had... and eggplant, zucchini, brocolli, and peppers.

I went to sleep at 11:30 Saturday night, I was tired! I got up at 10:30 on Sunday and started canning again. I picked carrots from our garden, and more tomatoes, and made Salsa with our tomatoes and the green peppers that I had gotten from Angelique. I chopped and froze the rest of the peppers, I use them throughout the year in chili and other recipes, so i freeze them in small ziploc snack bags for later use. I made the brocolli into florets so I can make Evan some Brocolli salad before I leave him for a few days. I still need to shred and freeze the zucchini and do something with the carrots. I got 4 jars of salsa. It's spicy! And I had Eggplant Parmesan for a late lunch (mmmm it was good!)

Evan put together 3 of the 4 chairs from JC Penney, until he ran out of hardware. He was pissed. The chairs had so many knicks and scratches on them. We called JC Penney and I insisted on a supervisor this time. She gave us $31 off the table in the form of a refund check, and is sending us all the hardware that we need to finish assembly. I can't wait for that!

Then I proceeded to clean up my canning mess, do laundry, pick up the rest of the house, and order myself a late night supper of Casey's Veggie Pizza. Medium was the same price as a small (on special) so I ended up eating too much! I made my list of things to pack for vacation. Wrote a check for the cleaning people. Did my weekend duties at work for Sunday. Put away laundry and towels, and took a shower at 1:20am.

I went to bed at about 1:45 and then was awake again for about a half an hour around 3am.

Today hit me like a ton of bricks.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mmmm your salsa looks good. Want to share your recipe?

Unknown said...

Thanks! It's just a ball canning mix, bought from Wal-Mart, and I added chopped green peppers and chopped onions and then chopped tomatoes. It IS good!

LOL.

Haleigh Anne said...

You have had more trouble with that table! It looks great in the picture though.

Related Posts with Thumbnails