Thursday, November 03, 2005

Should Fat People Make as much $$ as Skinny People?

Oh for God's sakes. Last night on the radio I hear them talking about the "new controvery." Should overweight people get paid as much as skinny people? It frustrates me that anyone thinks that weight is always a direct result of your level of laziness. Do they not think about metabolism, medical conditions, and people who just plain LIKE FOOD? My answer to this, in the shortest, most polite way possible, is that I know some awfully lazy skinny peopple. Uneducated, unmotivated people who wouldn't lift their finger to help ANYONE. I hardly believe that anyone would say that just because you are skinnier than me, your brain is working harder. I have met some dumb skinny people, just like I have met some dumb fat people. This is the most retarded controversy I have ever heard. Wages should be based on skill and responsibity and reliability. Not weight, sex, or beauty. What a joke.

In other related news, which I also found interesting:

LOS ANGELES -- Tyra Banks has gone undercover as a 350-pound woman. Banks wore the fat suit to experience what it's like to be obese.

"It seemed like the last form of open discrimination that's OK, and I decided to put on a 350-pound suit myself and live that life for a day and see what happens," the
31-year-old former supermodel told AP Radio in a recent interview. "And it was
one of the most heartbreaking days of my life."

Banks said she was shocked at the reaction.

"I started walking down the street and within 10 seconds, a trio of people looked at me, snickered, looked me right in my eye and started pointing and laughing in my face," the talk-show host said. "And I had no idea it was that blatant."

The segment will air Monday on "The Tyra Banks Show."

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails