Friday, November 25, 2005

Bureau Valley High School Football- Class 3A State Champs

Just finished watching the Bureau Valley Storm win the state championship in Class 3A Football. View all the final stats here. It was broadcast on the WB channel 26 and I watched the last two halves. Mom is there, I bet it was cold. The best part of the game for me was seeing Coach Dave Moore and his wife Judy interviewed, as well as Judy's son Garrett. Mr. Moore was my 6th-8th science teacher, my High School Biology Teacher, and our PE Teacher through my high school time at Manlius. He and Mr. Bourquin sold me my first pair of Chuck Taylors, scraped cinders from my leg when I wiped out on the track, and were generally just the guys that coached Manlius Football as long as I could remember. It cracks me up to see Garrett and Reid playing football as seniors, because I knew them when they were like 4, 5, and 6 years old.

I attended Manlius from Kindergarten-Junior Year, and graduated from Bureau Valley in 1996 as the first ever Senior and Graduating Class. Evan attended Western from Kindergarten-Freshman Year, Graduated from BVHS in 1998, BVHS's third graduating class, the last senior class in Buda, before the high school site was complete in Manlius. So Congrats to Bureau Valley.
Related Posts with Thumbnails