Thursday, May 21, 2009

Lots of Crafty Things Happening Here!

Both kids are sleeping but I don't expect that to last long because Marek is gassy today and wakes himself every time he gets a bubble.

Last night was an absolutely shocking night. Marek slept for 8.5 hours straight! Yeee~ First time! Ardyn and Marek BOTH slept for 14 hours.... 9pm to 11am. It was so strange. We ALL slept till 11am. We were exhausted! We have been running around all week, and all of the weekend, and it was just time to catch up!

It's 83 in the shade today, so we have been lying low inside and relaxing, sewing, and playing on the porch. Evan and his dad have been working on the fence, setting the poles level and putting concrete around them. ALL of the front yard poles are in place, leveled, and set in concrete. The concrete is dry and the holes have been filled. The side privacy fence has had the poles set and leveled and hopefully will be concreted soon... but planting finally started today and so the guys are in the field and Evan is field cultivating for the evening.

Yesterday my Mother-In-Law and I went to the sewing machine repair and sales shop that I go to, and my machine's problem ended up being a tension issue, nothing major, more of a crazy mistake than anything. We also were there to look at a used Janome Serger that a woman had turned in. She purchased it, and then pretty much never used it. The warranty card and bookk and everything were untouched, and it works like new. I got some tips on the machine, and watched them show me how to sew, thread, etc.... and We brought it home with us. It was a gift from MIL, which was awesome nice. It's a Mylock 634D. I haven't gotten a chance to look at it here yet, but I hope to use it soon!

I think I'm in Love

Last night Ardyn was at my parents' house (she went in the afternoon while we went to look at the Serger) and she stayed until bedtime. They brought her back bathed and ready for bed, which was AWESOME. Marek and I had been hanging at home, and we had Italian Beef for supper from the crock pot, and then he had to go to band praactice. Marek and I sat in the dining room and I sewed Christina's Boppy Covers! YaY! Evan mailed them for me this afternoon.

Finished: Christina's Boppy Covers!

Finished: Christina's Boppy Covers!

Today has went well. I worked on wrapping ribbons to make Corker Bows. I haven't baked them yet, but I will get to it. Maybe over the weekend when it's not so hot! I have a TON of ribbon spools to wrap and bake, this is not even 3 full spools! I bought the ribbon on 50% off at Hobby Lobby, so it was only $1 for a 15 foot spool. I have lots of different stripe colors, polka dots, and solid grosgrains... so plenty to play with and plenty of time to do it in.

WIP: Korker Bows for Ardyn

WIP: Korker Bows for Ardyn

Today I also made a cloth diaper for Ardyn's Newborn Cabbage Patch Doll. She was SOoooooO excited about that. I put a pretty ribbon scrap on the front and used Velcro to fasten the diaper on. Here are a few pics. She didn't want to part with her long enough to get the picture taken. She was hysterical and wanted the doll back NOW! She said "Mommy Sews! Mommy Sews a Diaper!" lol. I made the "pattern" just freehand on a scrap of yellow paper. When I look at the pic it cracks me up because the pattern has the phone number for the zoning board in one corner, since we have been calling with fence questions throughout the project. Ha.

Because EVERYONE appreciates a pretty cloth diaper....

In the background of this pic you can see Ardyn's blue shirt and her hand waving and reaching for the doll while she screeches "here! Here! HERE!" and wants her back. Ha.
Because EVERYONE appreciates a pretty cloth diaper....

Because EVERYONE appreciates a pretty cloth diaper....

I found a mamma online who wants to trade me some of her new mamma cloth and pul backed nursing pads for a custom boppy cover. That would be cool. I am hoping tonight to get the new sewing machine out and check it out. I have LOTS more fleece pants to make. I have 3 pair for Marek done, altough I haven't hemmed two of them (on the right) because I wasn't sure if I wanted to leave them longer so that when he grows into them this fall/winter they won't be too short. I dunno yet. DH says for now we can roll them, which isn't a bad plan. He will be able to wear them for a while, so I want to make sure the length isn't too short. Each pair includes an inner pair of shorties as an extra soaker layer in the wetzone. I just altered the pattern to add that in each pair. I have two more pair for Marek, and then several pair to make for Ardyn also.

Fleece Longies for Marek

With Internal Shorties pulled out:
Fleece Longies for Marek

I put Ardyn's hair in a ponytail today, for the first time, and she was SO Excited. It's mainly the word "pony" that thrilled her so much! Ha. Then we went outside for a bit to swing, and saw two horses on our street, and so we walked over and asked if we could pet them and they said she could sit on them too, as they were used to children and very relaxed. She sat on BOTH horses and was SO excited. She loves horses. She kept saying "Horse is Cuuuuuute. There's his eyes! Niiiiice Horsey! I ride him! I ride the horsey!" The riders thought she was hilarious, because she was so vocal and excited. I didn't get any pics because it was really spur of the moment, but she was so thrilled.

On the First Hot Day

Poor Marek, he was so hot today, even in shorts, that I finally just stripped him down to his diaper and he relaxed and played and napped naked. Looks like he's going to be a hot blooded boy, like his mamma. AND that he likes to run around in his underwear, like his mamma. Oh boy. He's asleep in his diaper right next to me as I type.

My favorite part of summer? Dirty feet. Ardyn and I both have FILTHY feet each night. I always have someone say "Oh, you're feet are dirty (as if I don't KNOW that) and then I can clarify that they are barely dirty, and they should wait till the end of the day when they are really dirty." I always wear flip flops, and you just get dirty feet! Especially when you are planting flowers or flowerboxes, or playing with a toddler. I have had dirty feet all summer, my entire life. That's the way a farm girl does things!

Grandpa Dave's first calf was born almost a week ago, and we are waiting for the next calf to be born so we can run out and see it when it's too small to bolt away from us. I want Ardyn to be able to experience that, and pet the calf, and see a newborn, just like I did my entire life. I will be sure to get pics on here once we get that accomplished.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails