Sunday, February 08, 2009

It's Sunday now....

Well, it's 12:15am and I SHOULD go to bed. Soon. I know that right now all that will happen is me laying down, and getting kicked. Over. And Over. And then I will play solitaire until he falls asleep (baby) and I can't keep my eyeballs open. I have a habit of switching eyes.... I get tired so I close one and play with one open, and then switch, until I can't keep either one open. It's bizarre.

We had a great day. We slept till almost noon. YAY! Ardyn was awake at 7:30 and I thought I might DIE but she went back to sleep and alternated between sleeping and playing in her room while I alternated between dreams and reality in mine.

We ran for lunch and then Ardyn and I stopped by Ava's house and Ava and Ardyn played for a while and Anya and I talked. She finished with my glue gun and I got the super cute hair clips for Ardyn in exchange. they are just like the ones that I planned on making once, and remember when I ordered the metal alligator clips from eBay and they arrived and were not what I wanted, and then I ended up kinda giving up? Yeah. Those. The ones she made are super cute, and she's a perfectionist like me so they are perfect! Can't wait to try them on the little beast.

This afternoon we napped with the windows open, which was FABULOUSLY refreshing. Evan scooped off the melting sidewalk and pulled the signs out of the yard from the window company. He flipped the big swing upright, as it kept getting blown down in bad weather, and the canvas was torn and the frame bent. As soon as the ground is less sloppy, it's going to get junked.

Tonight we were at home, watched some things on Tivo, ate supper, and Ardyn alternately beat on me and cuddled with me on the couch until bedtime. I found a few new friends on facebook and uploaded pictures to both facebook and Flickr. I am STILL uploading to Flickr, because I had a bunch to load, and because the new Flickr Uploader has serious crashing issues, and only uploads about 10 pics before it crashes and you have to reopen it, and then sift through and remove the ones that were already uploaded so that you can start it again and continue where it left off.

While waiting for it all to upload, I have been sitting here, and noticed that I have just shy of 20,000 photos on Flickr right now. Whoa.

I am starting to get tired. That means this will be short for you! YAY!

1 comment:

Janice and Jessica said...

I found this recipe and thought of Ardyn and her allergies. I think this one is safe for her. Got it at the Good Ship Lollipop on a Budget blog.

Chocolate Snack Cake


1/2 cup sugar $0.05
1/2 cup water
2 T. Plus 1 tsp. vegetable oil $0.10
1 1/2 tsp. White vinegar $0.02
1/2 tsp. Vanilla $0.00
3/4 cup all-purpose flour $0.08
4 1/2 tsp. Baking cocoa $0.20
1/2 tsp. Baking soda $0.05
1/4 tsp. Salt $0.01
Confectioner's sugar, optional $0.05


In a small bowl, beat the sugar, water, oil, vinegar and vanilla until well blended.
Combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt, gradually beat into sugar mixture until blended.
Pour into a greased 9 in. x 5 in. loaf pan. (I saw the amount of batter and disagreed with this at once. I used a mini-loaf pan and it was perfect)
Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near center comes out clean.
Cool 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
Dust with confectioners sugar if desired.

Related Posts with Thumbnails