Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Update....

Tonight I got to thinking about growing up in the country. We are nowhere near "the south" but I grew up watching the Dukes of Hazard. I had a couple of Hot Wheels General Lee's, and one of them had the doors and front end that would go from being smashed in to being good as new. One thing that makes me laugh today is watching them talk over the CB. I was watching some reruns tonight and got a real kick out of the boys saying that they "didn't pass Daisy on the road" so she must have taken the other way home. Someone from the city, would really think that was hick-like. Can you imagine being from Chicago and saying "I didn't pass them on the road." How could you even begin to know if you passed someone on the freeway? LOL. But for the most part, where I grew up, there were only two ways home. Ha ha. And talking on the CB was a huge part of life. We had one mounted under the cabinet in the kitchen and dad had one in his work car. We would talk to him whenever he was in range, and we talked to grandpa and dad when they were out in the tractors. I remember as a kid, my grandma's CB Was mounted above the stairs to the basement. When I was anywhere from 5-10 years old, we would go sit on the stairs and turn on the CB and start talking to the truckers passing through Illinois on the interstate, and the farmers in the field. I had a handler on the CB since I was just a kid. We all did. It cracks me up now, how far we have come with cell phones.

Well, enough of that. My appointment went well today. a full 3cm dilated now and my cervix is only 1 inch thick. The midwife can sweep the membranes and feel the baby's head, all the way down and ready. She said that my body is completely ready, now we just wait for the baby to "give us a sign." When I asked her if I was supposed to make a 1 week appointment, she said "sure, but I will see you before then. I'd be surprised if you make it another week." Hmmm.... That's exciting! And maybe a tad bit overwhelming... but I am not getting too excited because with my luck I could still be pregnant at 4o weeks. LOL. We had my midwife fill out a baby lotto guess card, like we did at the shower, and she guessed August 15th and 0454am and that the baby would be 7lbs 2ounces and 20 inches long. That was before she checked my cervix.

Can't wait to see when she gets here! Midwife also commented that it might take a long time for my ankle to heal completely, because of the relaxin in my joints.... which will continue when I breastfeed. It is still sore and swollen and bruised.

Tonight I grabbed Subway for supper and came home and relaxed for a while. I tried to sleep but the dogs kept waking me up. Eventually I felt a little rested and so I got up and continued my laundry, washing some baby blankets, clothes, and towels from the baby shower.

At work today I realized that Thursday is our two year wedding anniversary! With being pregnant and all that excitement, it crept up on both of us! We are thinking a dinner out and postponing our trip to exchange baby things until Thursday night.

Guess it's time to go get socks from the dryer!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy 2 year Anniversary! Time flies when you're having fun, right?!

Related Posts with Thumbnails