Friday, August 10, 2007

Friday Fiver

FRIDAY! YAY!!!!

Yesterday was our 2 year wedding anniversary. We went to Peru and did baby exchanges/returns, and then ate at Arby's. I had initially thought Red Lobster, but honestly, I didn't think I could handle food that rich with a tummy so squished. And with all the downward pressure I have had the past two days, all I could think about was how I'd rather have my water break in Arby's than Red Lobster! LOL.

We put $122 on a Target gift card with returns, and purchased some of the items that we really still needed. That only leaves $419 let to buy, and I have all the cash and gift cards ready to go, now I just wait for Target to send my 10% off completion certificate (snail mail, WTF?) so that I can place my last big order and get the stroller and the tummy time mat and the other things that we need.

We also grabbed a couple of outfits at Kohl's and some things at JC Penney with some exchanges, although most of the things we exchanged were on clearance. Too bad people don't like giving gift receipts, because one $24 item we only got $3 back on. Oh well. You just don't need two of the same outfit! What's a mom to do?

So that was the fabulous anniversary celebration.

Today I slept till about 10:30. Fab. Then I got up, took a leisurely shower, ordered refills of my lotions and potions from the dermatologist's office in Peoria, and had a nice chat with Evan while I lounged on the bed and tried to stretch out my belly. There is just no more room in there! I discovered that if I sleep on my left side I have less pressure when I wake up than if I sleep on my right side, so I tried to stay on my left side all night.

On my way to work, I had to stop at Casey's to grab something to eat because I was out of time and hadn't eaten yet, and I discovered that Wyanet Casey's had all the good stuff gone, so I went to Princeton. I was in a hurry, and after paying for my food, I knocked an entire cup full of Cheesy Potato Bites all over the Counter (yuk) and decided that I was in too much of a hurry and too damn hungry and I was going to eat them anyway. The store lady was like "Oh No!" and I wanted to say "I have swallowed worse things" but I realized that to the people in line behind me and the cashier, those words coming out of the mouth of a pregnant chick with no wedding ring would probably make me sound like a really dirty skank (dirtier than if I just ate the cheesy bites off a gas station counter, which I fully intended to do.)

So that's how my morning went.

My ankle is still fucking throbbing. It's been an entire WEEK and one day now and I can't believe it still hurts so much. But everyone says "you're walking on it so it isn't broken." and I want to scream back "I am ONE TOUGH BITCH and it probably is broken." but instead I just smile and nod. I decided today that I would try to wear a shoe and holy shit all I did was put the shoe on and take it off, and it was just a slip on, and my foot has been throbbing ever since. Fucking foot. Probably broken. This is how it looked on Wednesday. The green is just creeping up the side of my foot and up to my last three toes, and looks more gruesome every day.

So. That's it. That's all that I know. It's Friday... and that makes me happy, so let's look at the Friday Fiver...1. What is your local lake/river/sea? Um. Define Local. 45 minutes from the Mississippi River and about 2 hours from Lake Michigan. Probably 20 minutes from the Illinois River. That's about as local as it gets.
2. Do you believe in dragons and unicorns? Sure. 3. What is your favorite fruit? Strawberries. Nectarines. Green Grapes. Not sure there can be a favorite. And I am also exceptionally fond of Kiwi and Cantaloupe. 4. Do you smoke? Nope. I am a quitter. 5. Friday fill-in: Together they would really hate the friday fill in because it is totally lame.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails