Tuesday, July 17, 2007

I hate today.

Today makes me angry. First of all, I get woke up by a window rattling thunderstorm that proceeds for like two hours and knocks out the power at home, ceasing the rhythmic twirling of the ceiling fan and the cooling power of the AC, so that I was sticky and uncomfortable on top of being tired and cranky. Then, the power doesn't come back on, so I have to take a sponge bath with a washcloth in the sink to wash off as much of the sticky as I can before searching with a flashlight for my clothes and underwear, and then throwing my hair up in a clip and brushing my teeth in the darkness. Evan went out and opened the garage door for me and I drove away into the dreary rainy daylight. I wanted cereal but didn't want to open the fridge since the power had already been out for 2.5 hours.

Second of all, as I was walking out the door I went to put on my wedding rings and they wouldn't FIT because my hands are swollen (for the first time in 8 months) because we ate Chinese last night (for the third time in 8 months) and it made my hands swell. So Evan had to take my ring back inside because I couldn't wear it.

Third, I have 28 days of work left, including today, and while that seems like a short amount of time, to me it still feels like a LONG amount of time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hang in there girl! I know it's easy for me to say.

*hugs*

Related Posts with Thumbnails