Monday, July 24, 2006

For the Love of Animation!

I love cartoons. I have always loved cartoons. Even in high school and college. I loved cartoons. I have always watched cartoons. I collect all kinds of dolls and action figures. When I met my husband, it was a match made in heaven. He also loves cartoons. Although I find that we have some similarities, he tends to like Japanese Animation and samurai cartoons (Ruroni Kenshin, Trigun, Dragonball Z) while I like more silly stuff.

Some of my favorites? Well, Old school, I liked Anamianiacs, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (which will totally be a movie on 03-30-2007, be sure to go watch the trailer, it gave me goosebumps!), Batman, Transformers, (also a movie on 07-04-2007 that I can't wait to see!) He-Man (circa 1983 - Masters of the Universe, and Princess of Power), Spy vs Spy, The Simpsons, and Pee-Wee's Playhouse. As a little kid of course it was Rainbow Brite, Care Bears, Smurfs, The Getalong Gang, and Strawberry Shortcake, with Kids Incorporated and Romper Room and Friends thrown in for good measure. Although I think that Romper Room sold as was a local show to public television stations, I was actually ON Romper Room once. Our hostess was Miss Peggy. Yep. I was On TV- and we have the episode on VHS. My mom watched it when she was a kid, with a different hostess of course!

Later in life, I have loved Pokemon (although I am tired of that now), Family Guy, Aqua Teen Hunger Force, Wonder-Showzen, STILL Pee-Wee's Playhouse, Winnie the Pooh, Spiderman, Drawn Together, etc.

Can I tell you how excited I was when Adult Swim started playing the mysterious commercials for Pee-Wee's Playhouse? All there was? A black screen, with the music for the playhouse, and nothing else. Then just the words "coming to Cartoon Network on (date)" and I was instantly like "Pee-Wee's Playhouse!!!! It can't be!!! OMG!!!!" and I set the DVR to record them all. It's amazing the things that stick in your head! And the Pee-Wee Website is pretty kick ass, if I do say so myself!

Favorite Characters:
Funshine Bear (care Bears)
She-Ra and He-Man (Adam's) cat Battle Cat (Masters of the Universe)
Spiderman and Venom (The Amazing Adventures if Spiderman)
Pikachu (Pokemon)
Master Shake (Aqua Teen Hunger Force)
Smurfette (the Smurfs)
Dotty Dog (the Getalong Gang)
Pupcake, Custard, Apricot and Hopsalot, and the Purple Pie Guy (Strawberry Shortcake)
Poison Ivy (Batman)
Michaelangelo (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles)
Bumblebee (Transformers)
Pinky and the Brain (Anamaniacs)
Stewie and Brian (Family Guy)
Pooh Bear Himself

Are you still addicted to cartoons? Who are (or were) your favorite characters and cartoons?
Can't remember their names? Look online. It's amazing what you will find!

I still have lot sof my toys from when I was a kid. I know I still have all my strawberry shortcakes, in ziploc bags so they still smell good.... I also have most of my barbies, My Little Ponies, and I have Bumblebee somewhere... Also have my rainbow brites and smurf dolls. AND I have all my spiderman and venom action figures, a huge collection of Disney Dolls, and all my pokemon stuff.

This Post (and others like it) Tagged Under:

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails