Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Cut Short

Ardyn started the day with a fever, but with some ibuprofen and TLC, it's finally broken and she is back to her usual self, peeing on mommy's floor (Her words, not mine! LOL.)

We are laying REALLY Low today because it is insanely, dangerously hot outside, like 94 degrees and the heat index is 100 degrees with high humidity. I could feel my skin frying when I just stepped out to hang out a load of diapers on the line.

I can't believe it's already almost 5:30, but since I didn't get to sleep till 4:30am, we lounged in bed, snoozing together in the air conditioning and watching the ceiling fan swirl above, and Marek nursed and snoozed and cooed and nursed and snoozed... I don't think we actually got UP until 1pm.

I have a TON of kitchen stuff to do, but not really interested. maybe later tonight or tomorrow. I really know that if I get started, I will make a mess, and that I am not in the mood to pick up the mess. I am sticking to washing diapers today, and recouperating from my late late night grocery trip last night. I wrote down the EXACT cost of every item I put into my cart and kept a running total. I stayed right on budget. it took forever, but I was able to get everything on my list. This time around I will be making a few new things, like Homemade Chicken Enchiladas, Fajitas, Picadillo with Rice nad black beans, A Lemon Rosemary Roasted Chicken with carrots and potatoes, pork cutlets with egg noodles, spaghetti, meatloaf, and a few other things that I can't think of off the top of my head. I have carrots, sweet potatoes, and two kinds of squah to puree and "hide" in some dishes, sneaky chef style. I have meat that I need to portion, cook, and freeze. So technically I have a ton to do. But I think I will postpone until at least later tonight.

I was recently able to decide on a theme for both kids' birthday parties. Ardyn's 2nd Birthday I believe will be a mermaid theme party (not little mermaid, just regular mermaids) and Marek's 1st Birthday will probably be Scooby Doo. SO my brain has been fast forwarding around cute party ideas, of which I already have a ton.

Oops. gotta go. More another time!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails