Monday, May 17, 2010

Ready to Ride!

We are working on family bike riding. Our first problem was that no one but Ardyn has a bike. The second problem is that my dad received a hand-me-down bike trailer for us, but we have never been able to use it, because we don't have bikes to pull it.

I have been doing bike research, and was just going to buy the cheapest cruiser that I could find locally, but after reading reviews, I discovered that most of them didn't last a year, several of them had manufacturing defects very consistently, and pretty much all of them around here that were cheap had the problem that we have with Ardyn's Tricycle, the Schwinn "we don't make them like we used to" issues - like immediate rusting and fake chrome that is like foil and bubbles out of the box. (I recently added a review and photos of the Schwinn Roadster Trike on Amazon)

So anyway, after doing all the research, I decided that it was silly to think I was going to get a decent bike at a price that cheap. I would have to make a slightly bigger investment. So I started searching more online, because if I am going to spend money on a bike that is going to last me, I want it to be reliable, be purchased from a place I can rely on for service and support, and to be stylish and reflect MY personality. Is this impossible? nope. I finally found one, and I have a bicycle dealer near me trying to acquire it right now. Keep your fingers crossed!It might be hard to tell, but it is a black/copper brown color with leopard print seat, handlebars, fender and other details. The tire tread is flames!! Whoot!

Then I found bike helmets for the kids.... :) They both have Mohawks, Marek's helmet is black and Ardyn's is white. Aren't they cute?!?!
Now I just have to hope that I can PULL the bike trailer, or that Ardyn starts to pedal soon so that I can use a front bike seat with Marek and let her ride her own bike!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails