Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Ameren IP Leaps Back

Tonight, my faith in Ameren IP has been partially restored, thanks to a Service Technician who came to my house after my pregnant nose smelled a gas leak outside. He found a leak in the mainline entering the house, in an elbow outside of the house and up against the siding. The leak is directly under a window and runs into the house under what is currently a baby room in progress, and would be located directly under the baby crib. This technician was extremely pleasant and thorough at 9:30 on a Tuesday night, even when he encountered two barking dogs and a 6 month pregnant chick in a baby blue robe and camoflauge flip-flops. The man was a saint. He shut the gas off and tomorrow we have a plumber/heating/AC guy coming to fix the leak. After my profuse thank you and assurance that I was not unhappy with him for turning off the gas (it was leaking for chrissakes) he told me that he was "just doing his job" and that it was "no problem." He then spent the next 30 minutes at the natural gas station near our house, repairing odors that my magical nose had detected there. Thank you, man from Ameren IP, you have been the second polite person I have ever dealt with in all of my escapades and I appreciate you!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

thank god you have a good sniffer!

Related Posts with Thumbnails