Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Shhhhhh......

They're Asleep! And I should be. But I am doing laundry and I want to post quickly. Today was a very productive day. At first it wasn't so great, as Ardyn was up at 6am for some god forsaken reason, and we were all SO tired. Evan took care of Ardyn and I took care of Marek and we all tried to get some napping in up until about noon. We were both operating on just about 4 hours of interrupted sleep, so that was no fun.

This afternoon Marek had a follow up appointment with the pediatrician about his reflux/vomiting/spitting up issues. We are fairly confident at this time that the issue is reflux, but because he seems to have an issue with projectile spit up sometimes, we are going to follow up with an Upper GI and a small bowel follow through at the hospital. We want to be sure to rule out Pyloric Stenosis. So this Friday while Ardyn goes to daycare, I will be taking Marek to the hospital for the tests, and he will be drinking a bottle of barium and then xray'd to see if everything is flowing correctly and to make sure that his bowels are clear. He is a very gassy baby, and two pediatricians agree that this is the best route to go. The hardest part will be that he has to not eat for 4 hours before the test, and that's hard for a two-week old breastfed baby. And the test will be expensive, but we have met our deductible, so better now than later.

My mom stayed with Ardyn this afternoon, and they went on a walk to the park and played outside, and then came home and did some swinging in the yard and more playing in her room. Marek and I went on to the new bra store, and I got measured properly for the first time in my life. Turns out I am wearing the wrong bra size. I have been wearing a 40DD while nursing and I am supposed to be a 40G! **Gasp** So I got two new bras today in the correct size, which was a must, especially because the nursing bras I have, I've been wearing since becoming pregnant with Ardyn, so for more than two years I have been wearing the same bras, which are normally supposed to last like 6 months to 1 year. Ugh. I am washing the two new ones now, they are bravado's, and all microfiber and comfy and stretchy and I can't wait to wear them. Ahhh.

After the bra store, Marek and I went to Wal-Mart to pick up my 1-hour photos from Easter, and also to buy play sand. Evan went last night and was told there weren't enough people working for someone to go outside and validate his receipt and load up the sand, so he was turned away. So today I had them load 200 pounds of play sand into the back of the van, to fill Ardyn's sandbox, which Evan got yesterday. I can't wait.... hopefully we get it filled tomorrow and she can start to play! I also had to get some totes for clothes, because Monday we accumulated SEVEN Garbage bags of boys clothes, in sizes Newborn-24months. That's ALOT of clothes. Two different moms passed some my way, and I spent all yesterday going through them, sorting, and washing, and tonight I am still washing. After putting the newborn and 0-3 month clothes away in his room, I can still fill three large totes with clothes, and have a tote to take to the resale shop, and another garbage bag full of clothes that fit the Carter's Recall. It's unbelievable. Lots of the clothes are duplicates, so if there are more than one of a sleeper or onesie, or it's something that we won't wear, I put it in the pile for the resale shop, as I figure I might as well get credit there to use towards things that we can use.

I need to go over there anyway and pay them for the open top travel swing that we recently got, and has been a lifesaver on trips to grandma's house. I see it being a great addition to our front yard this spring, when Ardyn and I want to play it will be a safe place to put Marek.

So I am sorting, washing, folding, packing up, and labeling totes of Boy clothes for the attic. Some of the clothes I don't think will fit Marek in the correct season, but because we don't think we are done having kids, I will keep them just in case we can use them in the future.

Hoping that tomorrow we will get to spend some time outside and also hoping to get to the used book sale that the local library hosts each year. So, I need to get some sleep so that I can keep up with everything! Everyone have a great night and I hope the rest of your week is great!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails