Friday, February 06, 2009

Yay for Friday!

I love Fridays! I really do. I get so much done that I am able to relax much more on the weekends. Today I opened up windows in each room while cleaning. I picked up Ardyn's room, the bathroom, the living room and dining room, and vacuumed and mopped each room. I can't get enough of my steam mop. It's so awesome. I was able to do all of the above in less than 2 hours. Since it is nice out and I am on a roll, I am thinking that next is to let the dogs out to the kennel, or at least to the yard for a while, and clean the front porch and steam mop it. I haven't steam mopped it yet and it could certainly use it.

I have contacted Sealy about our mattress pad. When we bought our King Sized Mattress in 2007, I bought a Sealy Waterproof Mattress pad the same day. Most of you who have a new mattress know that any stain on the mattress will void your warranty. And when you have a kid, you are bound to have a stain. Well, we only was the mattress pad every 3-4 months... and I wash it alone, according to directions, and dry it according to directions. After about a year there was a tear in the underside vinyl, and I didn't notice it right away, but with each wash it got worse, and then soon there were big gaping tears all over. So it's supposedly (according to Sealy) under a three year warranty, and I saved my receipt when I purchased it from Sears. It was just under $50 and that was on SALE. The furniture store wanted to sell me the EXACT Same Sealy Pad for almost $90. Uh- No. So now Sealy has emailed me back and is asking if I bought the mattress pad WITH the mattress. Hmmmm.... sounds like they are going to try to prevent me from using my warranty.

I also have still been trying to contact provocraft Re: The Cricut Rebate Issue. Today I sent yet ANOTHER Email to their support department, and copied that email to the Rebate Department. I am so sick of trying to figure this out. Sometimes I feel that rebates really are just giant scams. Here is a copy of my email sent today:

This is my third email to you since January 19th. I have also been trying to reach you via telephone since January 19th, and am constantly told that you are experiencing high call volumes and that I need to call back later or send you an email. This is a vicious cycle that is very frustrating.

I did send a copy of my receipt with the rebate. Your directions were not clear as to whether or not you wanted the copy or the original. I am emailing to request that you allow me to mail in the original and still receive the rebate. I have seen that many scrapbookers in online communities are talking about this issue and I hope you will contact me soon to resolve it.
Ugh. Think they will ever get their stuff together and answer?

What else is new.... Can't think of much. I took a few pictures of the belly yesterday, I don't have makeup on and I don't match, but you can head on over to Flickr to see if you want. Yesterday I took the Serger to the repair shop, cross your fingers that resetting the timing will be simple and not a huge expense. I am a little worried, but I know that they are great with sewing machines and sergers, and I trust them completely, so now I just cross my fingers about the cost.

I also had an opportunity to take photos of the entire stash of goodmamas yesterday. It's a rare occasion that they are all clean, because we use them as our everyday diaper. I even had all the wetbags clean. Here's the whole stash:
Goodmama Stash 02/05/09

And here are just the diapers. 24 total right now:
Goodmama Stash 02/05/09

That would be enough to Cloth Diaper two toddlers for two days, but not sure if it will be quite enough to do a toddler and a breastfed baby for two days. Probably not, but I have prefolds and MEOS for backup and while the others are in the wash. I am feeling stash nirvana now, and feel "ready." Plus I do have to consider potty learning for Ardyn sooner than later, which will free up diapers!

The month of February is a nice one. When I finish this post, I will clean off the dining room table, take some heartburn medicine, and work on Valentine's. That should take a good chunk of the rest of my afternoon.

I hope everyone is well. All's well here, with the exception of the usual pregnancy discomforts... slow digestion, and feeling like I am not tall enough anymore, as he starts to squish my organs and crowd my ribs. Won't be long and he should be dropping down and relieving some of the pressure...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails