Thursday, July 16, 2009

Thermos Funtainers subject to breaking and choking hazards occur.....



Ardyn has a Thermos Funtainer (Dora) that has a cracked hinge. AND the bottom plastic cap has suddenly come off in the top rack dishwasher? I called Thermos, and there is no warranty on the plastic pieces. Although the whole thing costs about $13. So I told them I wanted to order a new lid. $2. Okay, cool. order it up! Then she says "with shipping it comes to $5." Um. that's half the cost of a new cup. Seriously? That's insane. they need to ship the damn thing flat rate USPS for like $1.50.... and then it would be worth it perhaps. But not $5. So now I am cranky about the cups. I have been trying to buy things gender neutral since finding out Marek was a boy, but now it's like, what's the point of making Ardyn drink out of Batman, Superman, and Spiderman cups if they will all be destroyed before Marek gets to them? Ugh. I have three of them now and was planning on getting a couple more. But now I am not sure.

So then I started looking online, and found blog posts and articles like

THIS ONE

And THIS ONE

And THIS ONE which is the response from Thermos (finally) which frustrated me because this is not what I was told when i called them! I have now sent them a letter requesting replacement of the Thermos Funtainer I have that is broken.

-------------------------------

It's so good to be home. I've been on facebook, and trying to keep up with like 300 emails a day, and haven't had time to blog. I have been getting lots more me time, but have been going to movies and connecting with friends, which is AWESOME. I have seen more movies in the past two weeks than I have seen in the past two YEARS. (seriously.)

Last Friday night my sister and i went to see "The Proposal" With Sandra Bullock and it was by far THE BEST movie I have seen in a long time. HILARIOUS. Saturday night Evan and I went to see Public Enemies with Johnny Depp and Christian Bale. It was good, but more of a factual movie than an entertaining one. I enjoyed it, but could probably have been more happy if I had waited till I could see it in my own house. It was really long (feeling) and slow at times. We have watched Gran Torino (loved it) and Role Models (okay) this week, and I have four more new releases to get through by Saturday.

All kinds of stuff has happened that I could blog about, but I face the issue that I don't have all night, and that I can't remember everything.

I will try to get in as much as I can. This past week I went to my second MOPS Playdate at the park. I really enjoyed it. Whenever I think of this, I think about how I want to write a whole seperate post about religion and raising children (God help me?) but I don't have time to get into that just yet. (sometime I hope.) I enjoyed the playdate, but because Elizabeth and Sarah wasn't there, and Elizabeth A left early, that meant that I really didn't hardly know anyone. I had a few people smile and talk to me, but I was seeing more of a clique type situation at this playdate. I told myself that it was because I was someone they didn't know, but I also know that if Sara had been there, I would have felt much more welcome. She's awesome that way. I do hope to become involved in MOPS. I need to be involved in something but at this point it needs to be something that benefits myself and the kids the most, and this I believe is it. I want to help Elizabeth make her newsletter more readily available online, and also help with the chapter's website. I would also like to be able to attend all the meetings, and I am a little concerned about HOW I will do that, because I have been working with the Princeton Computer User Group since sometime back in like 2000 or 2001, and The meetings have ALWAYS been the first Tuesday of the month, and this is exactly conflicting for me. In a way, I feel like I need to make a decision between them, and I am frustrated about that. I have considered doing every other week, but I know that would frustrate me also.

After our MOPS park date this week, we went to eat lunch with Cari, which was awesome per usual. Ahhh.

I had a big list of things I wanted to get done at home this week, but since we have been doing lots of running, yesterday I didn't do much at all. I feel a little badly about that, but oh well. There will be plenty of stuck inside time this winter. Ack.

I have done something unthinkable. I have reverted back to a PAPER PLANNER. *gasp* I too am shocked. But my cell phone is almost 3 years old, and it's started to get flaky. For example, about a year ago it started to change times on my appointments and meetings. NOT COOL. This is all due to a time zone conflict between my phone and my outlook which I CAN NOT Correct. Or I get it corrected and it reverts back and screws up my whole schedule. Plus I have all these lists. And they are everywhere, and I can't remember where they are. So I decided that they needed to just be on paper for now. I have been using Cozi, but I just haven't been keeping up with it like I should, and I believe this is because it's yet ANOTHER place that I have to enter things, and I want it to sync with my outlook, but then there's the time issue, and I just had to do some paper for a while. My phone also started randomly deleting people's contact details. This really pisses me off. And NOW it won't hold a charge for even an entire day. SO tomorrow I am going to get a new cell phone. Thank GOD!

I desperately want an iPhone, but Evan and I both agree (kinda) that the cost of $24.95 for a REQUIRED monthly data plan that isn't a necessity, isn't something that is necessary on one income. I can totally see the point of that, but I am still frustrated. So I have decided on the upgraded Nokia, much like my current phone. I hope that I like it. I believe it's the E71x, and I currently have the E62. After doing some research, I have found that the e71x does have wifi, which means I will be able to get online without using a data plan, if I have wifi available.

I am starting a new book for my sept mom's bookclub. It came via the inter-library loan system, but I haven't cracked the cover yet. Maybe over the weekend?

I have also started using my planner for adding tasks to complete each day/week. I am also writing coupon expirations on the calendar so I don't forget to use them, and WIC coupon expirations, because with 3 people on WIC, that means three DIFFERENT expiration dates each month, and it's hard for me to not get confused.

Last week the lens on my Nikon D40 jammed, and rendered the whole camera completely useless. my friend Nicole Issacson owns a photography business, and had a nokia lens that she let me borrow. Thank GOD. Being without my camera was earth shattering and terrible! I can't get her lens to auto-focus, but I am getting the hang of it, and it does zoom much better than my standard default lens. I had to contact people at Sears to get copies of my receipt, to turn the lens into Nokia via warranty. I need to now package the lens and ship it to Nokia in New York and then wait for it to be repaired and returned to me. Ack. I have asked for a newer, better lens for the "birthday and christmas combo gift" and hope to have one that will zoom much better... but until then I need to get this one fixed.

Also, the hinge on my Rival Crock-Pot broke. I have a $100 Rival electronic crock pot, with a hinged lid and a temperature probe. I LOVE LOVE LOVE this crock pot, and have had it for about a year and a half. The plastic pieces in the hinge cracked, and I wonder if it's from the heat of the dishwasher. But anyway, it only had a one year warranty, and wouldn't you know that you CAN NOT BUY ANY REPLACEMENT PARTS for this particular crock pot model? Yeah. So I have to deal with it or buy a whole new one. How wasteful is that? Evan thinks he can fix it, but that just tells me that there will be another thing that needs to be fixed, sitting around this house staring at me for the next several years. Ack.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails