Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Stain Removal is the New Crack

Didn't you get the memo? If you are going to be an addict, you might as well pick something that is productive. I am addicted. To stain removal. I realized this as I scrubbed a spot the size of a pinhead, that no one else would EVER notice, from the hem of a pair of Ardyn's $2 resale shop pants. With a nailbrush. At 12:22am.

And now I am writing about it. Although I love it when someone else feeds Ardyn so that I can do something else (or the occasional but rare NOTHING else) I also dread it because I KNOW that no matter what bib is put on her, whenever anyone else feeds her, her clothes get stained. It is so entirely annoying. My mom is the only person besides me who has ever fed her and had her come out stain free. It must be hereditary. Or it's our insane perfectionism and attention to detail. I hate stained clothes. I am constantly removing stains from her clothes. Her clothes are worse than her diapers, I swear to you. The utility sink and the soak cycle on the washing machine are my weapons. That and Oxyboost.

On a lighter note. I should be sleeping. So I feel that I will make this as brief as possible. Last night we got the cops called on us. He. Because Evan's band was practicing in the garage. They were 6 feet from Ardyn's bedroom and she was asleep in her crib at 8:30 with both her windows open (boy was it hot) and I walked outside to listen for a while. The guys said "last song, then we pack up" and it was like 8:35 and the county cop pulls up and tells us that someone has complained about the noise. Bummer. Party Poopers. It was Memorial Day. It was only 8:35pm. They were on their last song. Apparently the county doesn't know what the town's noise ordinances are, but we were told that 10pm was the cutoff time. Now we need to investigate that.

What else is new. Hmmm. We love the Roomba. For a couple of days there he seemed really confused. He didn't clean at his scheduled time. He couldn't dock on his own for some reason. One night I came home at 11pm and found him perching between two rooms, stuck on the door jam. But he seems to have gotten his head back, and cleaned as scheduled as well as docked himself for the past two days. Smart little guy. He is the COOLEST thing. I have him scheduled to vacuum each morning at 10am. He drives out, vacuums, and then docks himself again. It's freaking awesome. It's not a gimmick. He cleans better than my Dirt Devil upright does. Ardyn loves to watch him.

I also love my new camera. I got a Nikon D40. It's awesome. I have taken over 2500 photos this month alone. I don't have them all on Flickr quite yet, but I am working on it.

Over the weekend Ardyn and I went to Mom and Dads and went out to the pasture to visit the cattle, and she saw the calves, and got a close-up look of the one that was born that morning. I have about HALF of those pictures uploaded. I have a 4MB SDHC (SD High Capacity) Camera card. Only certain cameras will use this HC Card, and you have to get a special card reader. I bought the card and the reader at Target last week. The reader quit working, so now I have photos that I can't get off the card until I take the reader back and get a replacement. I took some EXCELLENT photos of Ardyn and a daisy.... outside... and have to get them off the card and uploaded still.

I also got to spend some time with Carrie on Sunday, and Angela. That was nice. Carrie sells Scentsy, and I got to look at a catalog for the first time.

Saturday night Lisa and I made a LATE night run to Princeton for ice cream. Ardyn slept in her carseat, she was already there and crashed out from a long day on the farm, and so I figured I might as well get to talk to a friend and eat ice cream before I went home and put us both to sleep.

Besides that, everything is pretty normal. Ardyn is suddenly getting very anti-nap again. She will be just exhausted, and will then only sleep for 20-40 minutes. Like once a day. Today she woke up after about 30 minutes, and I was entirely annoyed because she was still tired and cranky. I spent from 3 till 6pm laying down with her, playing and watching TV, and nursing, and finally getting another 20 minute nap and a 30 minute nap out of her in that time frame. The catch was that I had to nap too. Which isn't bad. I can't complain... except that if I am going to take a nap, it had better be longer than 20 minutes or I will just repeatedly feel like a pile of shit, which is pretty much what I felt like all afternoon and evening.... because I only got two VERY short naps with her. It's better for me to not nap than to take a nap any shorter than an hour. And honestly, two hours is ideal for BOTH of us, but she seems to be La Resistance lately when it comes to naps. My mom says I was horrible that way and that she begged for me to have payback someday. Thanks mom.

So that's it. Pretty exciting. I am loving being home. Loving laundry and stain removal and all that jazz. Tomorrow we meet a friend for lunch, and make a trip to Wal-Mart for a few things we need. And turn in paperwork for my IRA Rollover. And return a big bag of baby clothes to a friend who let us borrow them. And try to get home for the afternoon stocking of hyenacart... and a nap before the last day of swimming lessons.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails