Monday, November 01, 2010

Got a hat. Guess it's getting cold.

*sigh*

I really get frustrated by society's tendency to figure your worth based on your monetary value. I wonder if I would still say that if I were rich? LOL.

I've got money on the brain lately. I need to do a massive purge of possessions and I also need money, so somehow I have to make the two coincide.

Trick-Or-Treat went really well. The kids' costumes were great, although finished right on the deadline. Marek was as rockin as ever in his big hair costume... although he decided that the best addition for trick-or-treat was a hot pink pacifier and a fluffy white bunny. That's hardcore.

Ardyn did great. I basically had her pretty inaccessible in that costume, and was really worried about when she was going to have to pee. Luckily it worked out great and we just took it off and had a break between the costume party and trick or treating. Late last night I realized that it was in fact the eve of November, which by the calendar I ascertained that the next morning was Ardyn's Snack day at preschool. So I took both exhausted kids, who hadn't had naps but had plenty of sugar, in the van in their pajamas and ran to get snack. We chose Apples and Yogurt :) Yum!

I took Ardyn to school this morning and then came home for a while. Marek and I loaded and ran the dishwasher and then I switched the big whiteboard calendar from October to November. Marek and I ran to get Ardyn and we made a day of it. We took our Trick Or Treat coupons from McDonald's and BK and made the drive-thru rounds getting free lunch. Then we went to Wal-Mart to get our Halloween stuff at half-price. By this I mean that we had Halloween stuff that we purchased before it went on clearance, and then today when the prices went down, we took our receipt in and they paid us the difference. We used the difference to get a Christmas sewing magazine (mwaaahahaha!) and hats and gloves/mittens for the kids.

After that we went to Sherwood Antique Mall and both kids hopped into the $15 double umbrella stroller and we went around the whole place. We were looking for two items. A replacement for my vintage chopper, which I have had for about 12 years and just broke last month, and a corn dryer, which we want to use for hanging wet mittens above the heat vent on the front porch :)

We found both, although the corn dryer wasn't the exact one I had been looking for, and so we put our name down in case they came across one in the future.

I was also fortunate to register and receive a scholarship for an upcoming spiritual retreat that I am SUPER excited about. It focuses on ways to find God in everyday life (and I am buried in everyday life over here :) and also some really interesting types of prayer that are right up my alley. It also helps that the retreat leader is one of the more fascinating people I have ever listened to, and seems to speak exactly to me, and to my beliefs. It's almost spooky sometimes when I am thinking about a subject and I hear it straight from him in a sermon or prayer or song. He helps lead a musical and talented family, and I can't wait to learn more and have a few weekends of some clear-headed relaxation and thinking (quiet!) If you are local and would like more information, check out www.adambrookswebber.com for a peek.

Tomorrrow night is our MOPS meeting and this time I don't have much in the way of actual duties to prepare.... but the few that I do have, I have been postponing as usual, and this means that tomorrow I will be busy with them. Really I just have a few updates to our directory, putting our newsletter on the website and checking the calendar, and also making printouts for our discussion group leaders.

As I type this Ardyn is belting out the chorus to her new favorite songs. Tommy James and the Shondells "My Baby Does the Hanky -'Banky'..." Most of you know that I love oldies and 60's/70's rock, and she is catching on quickly to the iPod. :)

The foster kitty has been doing well. He is getting more "underfoot" lately, but I think he's really pissed off that he is trapped inside. Otherwise I have seen him catch two mice and suspect that he has caught and killed at least two more. Yay!

This evening the kids and I were out in the yard for a while and I used the Worx Leaf Blower to clean up in the yard a bit. I love that it's electric and I can mulch them, because they don't blow away inside the picket fence. I am so against leaf removal. They were MEANT to fall on the ground people! Just LEAVE them there. But apparently society wants me to rake my leaves. I just want them to blow into my neighbor's yard. Seriously?

I got about half of it finished before Ardyn had to come in for a potty break.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails