Sunday, August 24, 2008

Belated

So since I know you are all wondering where I have been, I can quite easily tell you that I have been.... on the couch. Ardyn and I have been sick.

I have been sick for a couple of weeks. I kept being told that it was just pregnancy fatigue and nausea but I knew better. It just kept getting worse and worse. Ardyn was running a fever of about 101.2 and we attributed it to teething since she has all 4 top teeth visible, and two poking through the gums... and then on Thursday she broke out in a full body rash. We took her to the pediatrician and discovered that she has a virus, which COULD be strep (babies get a rash with strep) and then not even 5 hours later I started to have a killer sore throat. I have been so exhausted that I kept telling Evan to jut take me to the hospital and have them admit me so that I could have some sleep. Wednesday night I ended up having hallucinations in my sleep and getting all freaked out. Between an upset stomach, barely being able to eat, being pregnant, and breastfeeding.... I was just so exhausted I could barely function. Friday I had a scheduled ultrasound and my midwife added bloodwork into the mix. We decided to check my thyroid, since it was not right at the end of my pregnancy with Ardyn. And I got a strep throat culture.

So we saw the heartbeat and the baby is great, and I got all my many vials of blood drawn. Then Evan bought me ice cream and I went home and went right back to bed, because my mom came over and was watching Ardyn, doing dishes, cleaning, and doing laundry. I have been able to get enough sleep the past few days and nights, so that has helped immensely in how I am feeling. I feel like I have plenty to do with cleaning people coming tomorrow and Ardyn's birthday party next Sunday. I have to practice her cake (I got cake pans like Michele's) and I have to get my hot dogs at the locker and chips, ice cream, etc. I still have to make a few decorations, and of course get all the balloons blown up. I plan on making the cakes this Friday (there will be two of them!) and taking all the food and decorations to the pool on Saturday. Then Sunday morning all I will have to do is get the balloons filled up and go finish decorating.... I can't wait!

I called a photographer to get her 1 year photos taken... and should be hearing back from her the beginning of this week. Evan cut me 2 cake boards to fit perfectly under my cupcake cakes. Now that I am feeling a little more like myself, I might be able to practice cake on Tuesday.

More later.... time to rest!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails