Thursday, January 10, 2008

Knitting with Balls

Yesterday I had the privilege of sneaking off to the Matson Public Library. It's kinda odd, but you know you are a new mom when you feel guilty and therefore have to sneak off to the library in order to spend 10 minutes (literally, I was on super-speed) to check-out a couple of books. I felt like I was wearing a fedora, dark sunglasses, and a trench coat. I was actually hoping that no one I knew would be there, asking "where's the baby?" or anything like that. I just wanted to check out a couple of books without someone wanting my attention or asking a question. I grabbed two Jodi Piccoult books (in case "we" decide to start a mini-bookclub as "we" have discussed.) and a Cholesterol Free Cookbook (just to see what I am supposed to be eating) as well as a simple crochet book that I am hoping will add to the inspiration that Lisa has been giving me lately. While there, I saw a book titled "Knitting with Balls" - whose covered boasted a fully clothed, neck-to-thigh photo of a really good looking guy, holding knitting needles and two balls of yarn. Ahhh Clever. It had some type of byline like "The masculine guide to knitting" and it just made me say "Wow. Ballsy!"

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails