Saturday, October 20, 2007

Eleven Years Ago Today....

I don't think it's a good idea to go and put two different flavors of doritos in one bag. I'm just sayin. Stupid Idea. If I want to mix the shit up I can buy two bags and do it my damn self. But I wouldn't do it. Because that's stupid.

Well, at 9:30 this morning I got my wish, and Ardyn and I both got to go back to sleep. We slept all the way till 1pm and when I woke up I felt like a different person. She slept in her swing and I slept right next to her on the couch, and I think we both felt tons better. Evan's dad called and we went over to visit them in the afternoon. Ardyn was good. She played in their pack n play. We have pictures on Flickr. She's really doing well and holding up her head now, and straightening her legs and standing up while supported. It's exciting to see her learning more things... and she can see you from farther away now than she could before. She loves it when Evan "eats her feet" through her jammies, she gets to kicking them and laughing and smiling.

This evening Ardyn and I went on a walk around town. We stopped at Josh and Lisa's for a chat. We saw my cousin Jim and he stopped to see us. When we got home I sat out on the steps for a while as she slept in her stroller. Then I ate leftover chili from earlier in the week, and loaded it up with cheese curds and oyster crackers for a melty crunchy good meal. Evan got home and we hung up the pictures of Ardyn that we had bought from her Sears photo shoot... and they look super super cute in our bedroom, adjacent to the wall that has our wedding pictures and marriage certificate from Vancouver.

Today is our "eleven year" dating anniversary. Eleven years ago today, Evan asked me to be his girlfriend, which was a relief after a few months of dating. I think that we had gone on our first date over the summer, when he got back from France. We had been wanting to date for a few months even before that... but it didn't happen. So eleven straight years of being together. Pretty neat, huh? So even though we have only been married for two years, we have been together much longer than that. And now we have Ardyn!

I will also be posting an update soon... I heard back from the manufacturers of the Halo Sleep Sacks... and I have a cool little bit to share about that...

Have a nice night!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails