Wednesday, October 11, 2006

My next car will be a cupcake!

So tonight we have a freeze warning. That basically means if you have any plants that you don't want dead by morning, get them inside this evening. Ugh. I have ONE planter that I want to steal the ivy out of. Besides that I think I am good.
Of course the skies are all cloudy and dark looking, and the leaves are swirling from the trees and gathering in piles alongside the curbs. It's windy and it just looks gloomy, like one of those days when you need to drink cappuccino or cocoa and read a book on the couch.

It was a challenge to get up this morning, a Bigger challenge to get dressed. It was one of those days where, if I didn't have to follow a dress code, I'd be wearing a hooded sweatshirt and track pants with my hair in a ponytail and no jewelry with the exception of the valentine's day diamonds in my ears every single day, and the wedding ring on my finger. It's a day to wear my sweater mules and curl my feet up underneath me.

But NOOOO - Work beckons. This is allot like my Friday again this week, since I have to attend some training/education in Peoria Thursday and Friday. The only bad thing about it is that I will have to get up at 6am to be in Peoria by the time my classes start, but I will be home by 5pm, so it's a small sacrifice I suppose. My biggest morning issue (besides getting up and trying to get all the bumps out of my hair without washing it AGAIN this morning {I washed it before bed}) Was SOCKS. I have an ENTIRE Drawer full of black socks. ENTIRE Drawer people. And not a small drawer, and the drawer is full mind you, but NONE of the socks match. Except 1 pair of snowflake socks. Black with silver snowflakes. Yeah. That's my life. I desperately need more black socks. No- not MORE Black socks, just more MATCHING black socks. Black socks disappear around our house like nothing else (except maybe Reese's Peanut Butter Cups.)

I love cakes. I love decorating cakes, I love cupcakes, and I really have a HUGE appreciation for the talented cake decorators out there. Recently I have come across LOTS of cool cakes on Flickr. If It's awesome, I add it to my Flickr faves (See my favorites here!) So now I have been thinking about cupcakes. I have been thinking about buying one of those cupcake trees. But the ones at wal-mart are too small. I thought I could make some cool cupcakes for my girl's night out party in November. (sex toys and cupcakes, what could be better?) Maybe my next car will be a cupcake? Wouldn't ya'll just shit if I built one?
And one thing that I can't wait for about having kids? PARTIES! Yay! Birthday cakes and pinatas and party hats. If it were up to me, I would have a party for my birthday every single year. And hopefully I can have little girls who can have tea parties and picnics. I would also like to try making these bullseye cupcakes.

So I guess I had better get to work listening to Italian Language CD's and decorating cupcakes!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails