Friday, January 20, 2006

THUNDER SNOW!!!!

Holy Crap!

WOW. It has been snowing non stop since 3:30, and the roads are terrible, there is somewhere around 4 inches on the ground already by 6:50pm.... and now it is snowing AND thundering AND Lightening. And I don't just mean a little bit. I mean like great big flashes on all sides of you and low deep rumbles. The first thunder was so loud we thought there was a car accident or a transformer that blew.

It is freaky. I am glad that I got home before that happened, because If I was driving in snow like that and concentrating as hard as I had to in order to get home safe, I would have peed my pants and driven straight into the ditch at one of those huge flashes of lightening.

I wish I could capture it somehow for you to see here.

Here is the winter weather advisory online-

BUREAU COUNTY ILLINOIS...WINTER STORM WARNING IN EFFECT UNTIL 3 AM CST SATURDAY... THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN QUAD CITIES HAS ISSUED A WINTER STORM WARNING...WHICH IS IN EFFECT UNTIL 3 AM CST SATURDAY. THE WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IS NO LONGER IN EFFECT.

PRECIPITATION WILL RAPIDLY BREAK OUT THIS AFTERNOON AND CONTINUE THIS EVENING. A BRIEF PERIOD OF SLEET AND FREEZING RAIN IS POSSIBLE THIS AFTERNOON BEFORE TURNING OVER TO ALL SNOW.

THE THREAT OF THUNDER SNOW IS QUITE HIGH WHICH WILL REDUCE VISIBILITIES TO NEAR ZERO IN LOCALIZED AREAS. TOTAL SNOW ACCUMULATIONS OF 4 TO 8 INCHES ARE POSSIBLE BY MIDNIGHT.

A WINTER STORM WARNING MEANS SIGNIFICANT AMOUNTS OF SNOW...
SLEET...AND ICE ARE EXPECTED OR OCCURRING. STRONG WINDS ARE ALSO POSSIBLE. THIS WILL MAKE TRAVEL VERY HAZARDOUS OR IMPOSSIBLE.

Related Posts with Thumbnails